The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 BluPil 2019 GT Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Great Group of NASA drivers who are TMO members who race in your State. You can always drop a personal note to CaptDistraction and AZBoss to ask questions about NASA and your car -- both are super knowledgeable. There are many other Arizona TMO Trackrats , so you will have a blast running your GT and always nice to know other Mustang Maniacs in your neighborhood.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Dang, twice the size , going to bet it will direct twice the amount of air to the calipers! Great comparison pic for folks to get an idea before they they buy from one of the TMO sponsors.

SO I finally got around to checking my ride height and it was 24 ½ front and 24 rear (wheel lip to fender), there reverse of what I was looking for. I dropped the front to 24" and the rear went to 24 ¼" I'm thinking due to some weight transfer? Went for a drive it seemed to me a considerable difference in the way the front of the car handled, not as bouncy, more planted.... could ½ make that big a difference or is it just my head thinking it???

Went with SVE wheels and GY SCF1’s, 285’s F and 305’s R, only issue was the fronts were rubbing my FA coil overs, luckily I had 20 mm spacers for now, going to see if I can use something smaller but this will work for alignment tomorrow. Shed almost 10 lbs a corner.

60ADDF9A-F6E1-46DD-BB18-AF86D0D49D25.jpeg

4A5A22DC-904C-4A7A-8409-817F881648EF.jpeg

F4CA1761-3C74-42E8-8847-21F55D6E702D.jpeg

Put JBA Shorty headers (Ceramic Coated) and the Ford Performance X pipe on, love the way it sounds with the stock mufflers. Went the shorty route because I didn't want to take a chance on getting codes thrown with catted long tubes..

TMO Supporting Vendors