The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Bob's Ton of Posts!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Today in History..........from yesterday (sue me)....."1911...The Chevorlet Motor Car Co. was founded in Detroit by Louis Chevorlet and William C. Durrant.(The company was acquired by General Motors in 1918".....................I guess Henry wasn't interested............:biggrin:

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
Durant had formed GM using his assets as a partner in the largest horse-drawn carriage manufacturer in the US and starting by bailing out a foundering Buick Motor Co. in 1904. However, he overextended the company while trying to buy up other car companies and suppliers as part of his twin strategies of vertical integration and brand-by-price (where each car brand was targeted at a certain price segment of the market), and was removed by the board in 1910. So Durant started Chevrolet Motor Car Co. in 1911 with Louis Chevrolet, whom he had met when Chevrolet was a Buick race team driver, and used the success of that company to eventually regain control of GM in 1916 by merger.

Louis Chevrolet went on to form Frontenac Motor Corp. in 1916 with his brothers, selling race parts for Ford Model A's and building Indy-winning race cars - the famous Fronty-Fords.

Wow!!!...Indian summer is here this afternoon in Ct........sunny, with even some humidity...near 75....normal is 55....A repeat on Sunday and maybe hitting 80 on Monday!!!!!!!!...We crash back to normal on Tuesday (Election Day)........makes me wonder why with all the hot air floating around that day :biggrin:.............................................

Another Glorious Saturday here after the remnants of Hurricane Nicole came by overnite....some heavy rain and wind, but we survived better than Florida, who took it on the chin again!!....This Sat afternoon, We got Sun, temps in the low 70's...but leaves (foliage) all over the place.....It seems to me if erosion keeps hitting Florida with these bad storms, the bottom half will disappear down the road.........?????????..............one yard lost 100ft just this weekend!!!!!!!!!!

As you grow older and hopefully wiser you appreciate stuff more.............I love my Boss from day one!!!..............but life is more than driving fast and loud...Family is sacred!!!!...Cherish Everybody you can...when they go, they can't come back! (ala Mr. Young) When you have a brush with death you start seeing things differently....more clearly....with a different mindset....Bottom line.............Life is a gift that you should cherish and enjoy to the fullest as long as you can........give that little one a kiss for me........................Sermon over............Amen....

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Bob has a point that we often open our eyes and realize how blessed we are after life's traumatic events. A good friend of mine mentioned how much his life had changed once he got over Cancer, and I responded , " One wonders how everyone would feel about what was really important if they all got Cancer tomorrow? " Heart attack, Cancer , life issues, often life stubs our toe and we have to open our eyes, look around , and really understand how lucky we are. With just halfway around the Earth there are folks in the Ukraine dying daily , losing their homes and family, it is a bit hard to complain that gas just went up 10 cents this week ( or some similar concern). Look in the mirror, count the things in your life you cherish, and question why you really have so much compared to others on this Blue Globe. As Bob mentioned, coming close to leaving this World, one starts viewing things differently. Do you have to get Cancer, have a heart attack, etc. to open your mind and view of your life? No need, just look at your friends, your family, your children, and ask whether as the sun rises whether you can have a positive impact on others along with yourself.

Bob, thanks for your thought, it is one you were forced to take, let's hope your comment will help others pause and think about their lives as they are now?

WOW... Who was that Irate football fan??.....Maybe somebody who thought you shouldn't mess with somebody's football team!!!!!! My good friend passed away last year...He was a diehard REDSKIN fan all his life and would HATE to see what happened to his team.....................................................................................................................................................................

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel