The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 Boss 302 in Chile Build Thread Profile - S197 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
Well, within reason, I am happy today. The parts I ordered from Calimer more then cover the parts that died in my most recent dead MT82. Will do a full rebuild in any case to leave it in the best possible condition.

View attachment 85998
Finding the false knock probably caused this trannies early demise. The car pulled hard with its new "street:" race gas tune but the e85 swap was delayed because of the of the broken tranny. To get rid of the knock we had to make a small modification to the custom headers so it would not knock on the starter under load.
View attachment 86000
And.... We found a short 15mm wrench in the K brace.....
View attachment 86001
Though the starter motor is the more likely culprit.
You should be an expert at removing and reinstalling the MT82 at this point. I hope this one lasts a bit longer than the last few.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Lost our faithful assistant and life coach Elrond last night. Gone at 14 years old, working on the car without him will feel strange.

View attachment 87659
I feel for you. I don't look forward to the day when we have to say our next goodbye. It was tough with our last two dogs but it's going to even more heart wrenching with the one we have now, who grew up with our girls. Sorry to hear about this MH.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Always tough to lose one of the family and those of us who have owned dogs or other pets, can relate to your loss. They are so non judgmental , animals are the calming members so many of us need in a troubling World.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
Lost our faithful assistant and life coach Elrond last night. Gone at 14 years old, working on the car without him will feel strange.

View attachment 87659
Sorry for your loss. My German Shepherd will be 13 on Friday. I have watched her decline the last year. I am afraid I am coming up on the same situation before too much longer.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Thanks Guys. Yup, its hard to see them get older before your eyes. We still have his brother, Aragorn, to take care of us for now but he is also having a hard time getting around now.. Tolkien junkies from way back. The gang of cats are still here though, demanding attention etc. the oldest is 17 and seems to never age. Beginning to wonder about him, maybe he is a alien.

View attachment 87659
So sorry for your loss. Our dogs really are part of the family. ( Especially when you have no children). We need to do a pooch photo thread. There's a place south of Myrtle Beach that literally 100s of people hang photos of their past dogs - really cool.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Just posting to show proof of life down here. Been hard at work so that I can afford to race again some time soon. Since work is at a critical stage, am not allowed to play till its running at 100%, so passed a invitation for Cars an Coffee track day to my mechanic, as he is my future enduro co-pilot and needed some track time. Car was a bit rough around the edges but the video here shows the power is pretty good!! He was not comfortable with the car yet so he did not brake hard with the gt4, but you can see the car pulls like a train.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Just posting to show proof of life down here. Been hard at work so that I can afford to race again some time soon. Since work is at a critical stage, am not allowed to play till its running at 100%, so passed a invitation for Cars an Coffee track day to my mechanic, as he is my future enduro co-pilot and needed some track time. Car was a bit rough around the edges but the video here shows the power is pretty good!! He was not comfortable with the car yet so he did not brake hard with the gt4, but you can see the car pulls like a train.

Looks killer!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel