The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss Down =(

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Are you just looking for parts? With the front end damage and more , likely plenty of drivetrain concerns, so I would only be interested in super, duper El Cheapo on this Boss.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
Yes, parts only. 10k seems high, I would be interested if it was half that...

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
There's still a surprising amount of value in a car like that. Could auction close to $10k. A lot of that depends on how much is salvageable under the hood plus there should be a lot of Boss specific parts that are usable.

It did not take a direct hit to the engine. I think there's at least a 50% chance the engine is salvageable. If it's a low mile car it could get $10K.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
It did not take a direct hit to the engine. I think there's at least a 50% chance the engine is salvageable. If it's a low mile car it could get $10K.

Yeah it looks like the passenger side frame rail took most of the hit, but transferred a lot of it to the cabin.

I'd stay away from it...even under $5k. Unless doing a full part-out as a hobby is your thing.

If the engine is okay, I'm sure it'll be listed as a 'low mileage' take-off part. :rolleyes:

But, Grant, what if it wasn't Comp Orange, hehe???

Dunno...there are only a few Comp Orange parts left on it that might be okay...mirror covers, maybe the driver door, trunklid and rear bumper. I doubt the driver fender escaped damage.

But it hurts a bit to see another one of the original 714 CO Bosses gone...

Strong cold front moving thru tonight...near 70 today and humid...by tomorrow afternoon will be in the 40's..I can hear the winds starting to howl as I type..................tornado warnings just starting to come down in PA................

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
I'd pay 5 Gs for a parts car. I may need a new rear end it Pemberton ever goes Kyle Busch on my backside. I suspect the frame is damaged beyond repair.

TMO Supporting Vendors