The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Brainerd International Raceway 5/3-5/5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I've been running with the Nordstern PCA the past few years and they're a great group of guys. I think so far KRost, John (LS110) and I are the only ones attending, but would love to see more Mustangs there. They run the BIG track with a mile long front straight entering a banked 60 degree Turn 1 that can be taken by just lifting, or flat footed for you guys with the big wings and #*!s 8)

http://nordstern.org/item.php?id=109

You should add this event to the calendar. ;)

Here's the full video of my one session this weekend. I was grannying it down the drag strip due to the light precip and not wanting to become a ping pong ball on the VHT. The rest of the track was pretty dry. At about the 12:50 mark in the video I see a Cayman S flat footing it down the drag strip after me while I was just holding throttle position and I thought "Looks like you want to play. Well go right on ahead of me then ;)" Still kept it to about 7 or 8 tenths though. Really thought I had plenty of sessions left to get after it this weekend :'(

[youtube]http://youtu.be/onI2UzT7dG4[/youtube]

LS110 said:
Nice lines Gary! That was one gloomy day and hard to believe we were out there running our wipers periodically.
Thanks John. I just wish I had the opportunity to put down some fast laps but puttering down the front straight for a mile took that out of play. I'll really be looking forward to First Fling next May to hopefully get some quality time in on the new track surface.

TMO Supporting Vendors