The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Brake cooling <on a car> with A/C

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Colorado Springs
Was mounting up my cooling plates and then looking to the bumper for the intake plates location / mounting. I still have A/C installed and intake plates get uncomfortably close to the lower A/C lines. Because, yes, I still have A/C installed.

Has anyone completed an install of the Fabman cooling system on a S197 that still has functioning AC? Have any pics? I am mocking up options for the passenger side, there isn't an issue on the driver side intake mount.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Nova Scotia
Was mounting up my cooling plates and then looking to the bumper for the intake plates location / mounting. I still have A/C installed and intake plates get uncomfortably close to the lower A/C lines. Because, yes, I still have A/C installed.

Has anyone completed an install of the Fabman cooling system on a S197 that still has functioning AC? Have any pics? I am mocking up options for the passenger side, there isn't an issue on the driver side intake mount.
For a moment after reading the title, I thought this was going to be discussing cooling the air to the brakes with the AC in a similar vane to the Dodge Hellcat using AC to cool the intake air charge. Lol. Carry on. I have nothing further to add. Hope you find a solution.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Colorado Springs
For a moment after reading the title, I thought this was going to be discussing cooling the air to the brakes with the AC in a similar vane to the Dodge Hellcat using AC to cool the intake air charge. Lol. Carry on. I have nothing further to add. Hope you find a solution.

hahaha. Short titles are like click bait when written poorly. :)

Utah
Are you using the Fab-man backing plates only, or his facia intakes as well? I did this with the FR500S facia on my 2006 by slicing the hoses and fitting the over the AC lines and sealing it up with duct tape. (Oh god, not duct tape on a racing car…)

Didn’t affect the cooling on the right side, but I eventually took the AC off anyway.

I looked, but couldn’t find the picture.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Colorado Springs
Are you using the Fab-man backing plates only, or his facia intakes as well? I did this with the FR500S facia on my 2006 by slicing the hoses and fitting the over the AC lines and sealing it up with duct tape. (Oh god, not duct tape on a racing car…)

Didn’t affect the cooling on the right side, but I eventually took the AC off anyway.

I looked, but couldn’t find the picture.

Yeah, both of his plates. Was looking again tonight, thats a very reasonable way to resolve.....

I went through this with superbeater, I was able to cant the duct and between that and bending the wire in the brake ducts tubing, was able to sneak it around the condensor lines. The duct aims right for those lines, but it's the only place it can go.

20220531_134203.jpg

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel