The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Brake Pads S550s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Been having a hard time finding pads for track use. Would like to have an extra set w/ me when I go to the track. Can't find any listings for 2015-2016's on Hawk, Porterfield, Raybestos ??

Wondering if anyone has found success.

Haven't had the car at a track yet, but can't imagine the stock pads being but so good? Any input?

Do you have the 15" Brembos? If so aren't they the same as the 2013/2014 GT500?

Performance pack w 6 piston Brembos 15"

Didn't know it was the same as the newer GT500's?

My GT500 is an '07.

I'll look.

Looking at Carbotec, they do show listings. Problem is many compounds, I would need to call them also.

KNS Brakes

Supporting Vendor
Cary NC
Pretty sure the 2015-2016 GT with the Perf. Pack does not have the same brake pads as any past Mustang. We have updated our Carbotech listings for the new cars. We are also looking for someone to donate their rear pads for the cars. We can get you some free rear pads to anyone who donates their rear cores.

Thanks! Nick

KNS Brakes said:
Pretty sure the 2015-2016 GT with the Perf. Pack does not have the same brake pads as any past Mustang. We have updated our Carbotech listings for the new cars. We are also looking for someone to donate their rear pads for the cars. We can get you some free rear pads to anyone who donates their rear cores.

Thanks! Nick

Is Carbotech the only aftermarket you carry for front pads? On the Carbotech site they list like 7-8 types of pads. I'm looking for something for running road courses, but doesnt destroy my rotors in a couple hard days. 2015 GT w Performance pack.

And you can have my stock old rear pads, what would you replace them with?

KNS Brakes

Supporting Vendor
Cary NC
SCGT500 said:
Is Carbotech the only aftermarket you carry for front pads? On the Carbotech site they list like 7-8 types of pads. I'm looking for something for running road courses, but doesnt destroy my rotors in a couple hard days. 2015 GT w Performance pack.

And you can have my stock old rear pads, what would you replace them with?

We carry a lot of brake pads, Carbotech is usually just faster to the punch of making new pads than any other manufacturer in the market. There's lots of reasons why that is but I won't get into how wonderful of a company they are.

Depending on your tires and experience, anything from an XP8 to XP12 will do just fine. Call me on Monday and I would love to talk to you and learn more about your experience level and car! 919 420 0021

-Nick

KNS Brakes

Supporting Vendor
Cary NC
Rear S550 pads are now live in the KNS website! Pads are made to order so expect about a 1 week turnaround time. I'll start stocking them when the heat arrives in North Carolina. Front/rear compounds available are 1521 (street), AX6 (autox), XP8 XP10 and XP12 (track-use).

http://knsbrakes.com/c/car-items/2442_2015+Ford+Mustang+GT+w%2Fo+Perf.+Pkg
http://knsbrakes.com/c/car-items/2443_2015+Ford+Mustang+GT+w%2F+Perf.+Pkg.+-+6+Piston+Brembo

Mustang GT350 pads are en route to me, I'll inspect take photos and send them to Carbotech on Monday for development! Getting ready for track season!

-Nick

You mentioned XP20's to me on the phone the other day, will you have those coming also? How about XP24's?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel