The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Brake Rotors - Replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you recommend was out at Grattan last weekend and warped both fronts and rears. Car has cooling ducts and I run carbotech pads on the track. Use the car for summer street driving, 3-4 autocross, and 3-4 track days a year is typical for me.

Looking for something that can stand up to abuse and won't warp.

13 track pack GT.

What were you running at the track?

I just run stock-style blanks. If I'm feeling spendy, I'll purchase the StopTech brand cryo treated rotors off of Tire Rack, but I can honestly say I'm not sure I've ever noticed a difference between the cryo treated and non-cryo treated.

The slotted rotors aren't bad (generally speaking stay away from most drilled rotors). I've found that the solid piece blanks take longer before they start to crack.

I end up throwing mine out when I notice the larger cracks (not spider webbing) start to develop. I've never had issues with warping, but I don't have any experience with the pads you're using. Do the rotors look like they have a bunch of uneven pad deposits on them?

Factory rotors have 5-6 track days on them. The rears have been bad for a while. Have what looks like little scuffs in them. Noticed a boss were identical to mine. Carbotech is what Vorshlag sells and I run them on the front with the boss rears.

Not sure if they do or not what should I be looking for?

Was looking at the Centric premium cryo blanks

The stock rotors are stout and I haven't seen too many warp over the past 5+ years. Some of the race pads can leave deposits which make the rotors feel warped. Was this your first time on the Carbotech brake pads with those rotors?

No, run their street pad and than switch over to their track pads.

I will take a photo of rotors.

I run the stop tech cryo rotors front and back with hawk HP+ pads. I did a few track days 2 years ago and recently got back into it again. I did run both the stock rotors and stop tech rotors. Didn't have an issue with either.

Cryo is only so you don't have to "season" the rotor per-say. Im just lazy, and don't really have a place to temper the non-cryo rotors.

TMO Supporting Vendors