The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Budget Rotors from Walmart!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*edit* Not sure why the links show as they do but if they don’t work. Let me know and I’ll redo them.

Not sure where to put these, but wanted to get the word out on a great deal from Walmart for Reybestos 14” front rotors for those with 4 piston Brembo calipers. And, for the GT500 13.8” rear rotors or those with the 13.8” rear brake upgrade.

I recently purchased these for my front Brembo and rear GT500 brake upgrade and they are matching R-300 series rotors.

14” Front TrackPack/Boss 302 Rotors - $66.07

GT500 Rear Rotors - $42.63

6AAE880F-CB98-4B8C-BCA7-BAFB8BF8A259.jpeg
6468E72C-44C4-486B-9E9C-BBB0A696D9E4.jpeg
268D6510-CD7D-4E4C-98AF-B28C6AB98D26.jpeg

racer47

Still winning after 30+ years
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
SE WI
They are ok for the street but are not going to take the abuse of aggressive track pads. Those prices are close to the normal rock auto price. I know they seem like a deal (I bought them) but they aren't anything special.

They are ok for the street but are not going to take the abuse of aggressive track pads. Those prices are close to the normal rock auto price. I know they seem like a deal (I bought them) but they aren't anything special.
Well I guess I was factoring in shipping from Rock auto. I think it came out to about $70-$80 per rotor with shipping cost on my end. So when I was able to save that much or little more and put towards some other things, I felt like I hit a little jack pot for myself.
Good to know about the track pads. This car at the moment is 100% garage only…(because it can’t drive under its own power at the moment)😂 Really though, it only ever sees the street and I plan on one day this year to do my first HPDE.

*edit*. Just read the tagged post. After seeing that, I’m your opinion, would these take the abuse of a beginner on power stop track day pad?

racer47

Still winning after 30+ years
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
SE WI
Down here we run a stock car class called econo -mods, they are a pretty good ride, based off factory ford or gm front subframes. Well they all have to use stock parts, all of them. So it is not unusual for guys to have several different accounts in their names, wives, cousins, etc, to buy rotors from all the discount parts suppliers with their lifetime warranty. My buddy brought his in for about the 3rd time (they get wise after about 4) and blamed them on his wife using the car.
I asked him if he at least ran a "discount auto parts" decal on the car for their support.
Not unusual, I can recall back in the 80s guys would rent manual mustangs and swap out the transmissions with their race cars.. ( so I've heard..) sort of like unde rthe table factory support I guess.

1679668949886.png

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Over the years one little suggestion I would offer to new track participants is not to go cheap on Brake Fluid or Brake pads. We are a strange species as we often spend thousand upon thousands for more power and then we skimp on what it takes to stop that increase. Similar to dumping dollars into the suspension and then getting cheap tires. As Racer47 advised when these rotors go, and they will reasonably soon with some aggressive pads , spend a little more and get solid quality rotors. I am a huge fan of Girodisc two piece rotors ( there are some other good ones ) as they are lighter , stay cooler , wear better and only use US Steel. Yes, they are much more expensive and yet long term they will help as your speed increases. Rotors from Ford Performance are quite good for one piece and you can usually get a break on them through 2 or three of the TMO Sponsors.

PS - I bet these are Chinese knock offs, because as Racer 47 noted, a set of DBA rotors are a better choice and the slotted lines on the rotor face do appear to copy the DBA design a bit.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel