The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!
Apr

Buttonwillow - Apr 16-17 (NASA SoCal+AZ)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaddyPrix

If breakin' parts is cool, consider me Miles Davis
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego

PaddyPrix

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
Layout should be CCW 13 both days, which is a fun change of pace if you have been running with those screwy CW13-only extremist HPDE groups.

Last edited:

PaddyPrix

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
That's my wife's birthday weekend. I asked if she wanted to go to Buttonwillow for her birthday.....she didn't think it was nearly as funny as I did.
Rent an RV? That's what we planned to do for hers, except Super GT didn't allow camping, so I ended up skipping the event because I wasn't just going to lug the Stripper around the desert.
... and not my race car either!

PaddyPrix

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
Just signed up a couple days ago. I'm finally going to get to tech a day early since I took Friday off. I've been wanting to run CCW 13 so this is going to be a blast.
Usually, the track also has a test n' tune, so it's a few hundred to run the track, which is why I usually bring up a halfway decent set, and the race set. I'm not really looking for pace, just to see what the course is offering and just get some seat time and consistency down. No groups, so if you've got the fuel, just fill 'er up and go for an hour or whatnot.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
SoCal
I'll be there Race Directing, as well as getting a morning session with my KBM Boss 302. Feel free to come over and say hello. I still look like my profile pick, but with even more grey/white hair. :eek:

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Los Angeles
I'll be there Race Directing, as well as getting a morning session with my KBM Boss 302. Feel free to come over and say hello. I still look like my profile pick, but with even more grey/white hair. :eek:
Make sure your looking down or you may miss Adam. :D:D

I'm not going to make it, some A-hole tried to steal my trailer and destroyed the hitch trying to get the lock off. They used a bottle jack and some pry bars, so I got to say the Proven Locks hitch lock works! But now I need to torch the hitch off and weld a new one on...

-Don

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal

I'm not going to make it, some A-hole tried to steal my trailer and destroyed the hitch trying to get the lock off. They used a bottle jack and some pry bars, so I got to say the Proven Locks hitch lock works! But now I need to torch the hitch off and weld a new one on...

-Don
That sucks Don - it’s too bad crime pays here in Cali. Thanks for mentioning that coupler lock - I haven’t seen that style. I have one on the way based on your “product review”

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
SoCal

-Don
You realize taunting the Race Director isn’t wise, right??

😉

That said - very sorry to hear about what happened, and hope you’re able to make it next month.

TMO Supporting Vendors