The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Can't Fill Up My Tank?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Mine melted on my Boss and I don't think it's as simple as cutting another piece of hose and replacing the end. I bought the entire assembly and ended paying $85 for the entire assembly. At that point it just made sense to replace the entire thing. The part I used was DR3Z-9E325 and I got it from Levittown Ford in 2016. After the replacement, the fueling issue went away. I did put wrap around the OA pipes to protect the hose and have had no issues since.

PatientZero

@restless_performance
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Kansas City, Missouri
The last couple times I've tried to fill up the car it would just not take any fuel, 4-5gal max. Even turning the gas nozzle upside down and/or going SUPER slow. It still would not fill so today I decided to investigate.
I came across another writeup online of someone talking about this but it was so old the pictures didn't work. Basically you have to drop the cover underneath the trunk where the charcoal canister is mounted. There is a small black box on the vent line from the passenger tank. This is some kind of filter or something, no idea. I pulled this thing off and blew it out with the air hose in both directions. It was definitely plugged up with crap. Immediately after putting it back together I was was able to fill the tank all the way up.

I didn't take any pictures but here is crude paint drawing. It's obvious if you take it apart. Just 4 11mm bolts and about 10 minutes.
Capture.JPG

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
rockwall texas
I had the same issue with my 2012 Boss 302, It was the fuel line that goes to the passenger side of the car. I had to replace it and the vent line with heat resistance rubber hose that also was fuel safe or oil safe. There is a y connection under the rear axle that goes to the right tank and the vent line. I used 5/8th rubber hose and a medal heater hose y that I got at the auto parts store for a couple of bucks and a bunch of clamps. It comes from the fuel inlet on the drivers side and runs above the rear axle to passenger side with a 1/4 inch line that also comes off of it. I had to get some fittings to reduce the 5/8th hose to the 1/4 hose to make that work. I used the vent fitting that I cut off the plastic line. Once done I could fill the tank properly and went racing the next day and passed tech. It took about 2.5 hours to do the job that Ford couldn't do because they didn't have the parts. Any questions I will try and help. Mikie

TMO Supporting Vendors