The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

caster and camber

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hi,

my car is on stock suspension and wheels. And ill be going for autocrosses and circuit races this week ..

do I need to get caster and camber plates ? do I need camber bolts ?

or should i leave it with its same original camber and caster setup?

Depends are what your goals are? With a stock suspension and the focus being autocross no you don't need camber plates as most stock/street classes do not allow camber plates. SCCA Solo street class (F-street) would be your best bet for a beginner. It allows the fewest mods and focuses on driver development which is the biggest part of any Hi Performance driving equation. Read the SCCA rule book then make mods based on your chosen class. Street Touring would be the next step up from Street if you insist on additional mods, but this class tends to be very competitive and currently does not favor Mustangs of any kind. With the purposed 2016 class/rules changes coming that may change. http://www.scca.com/pages/solo-cars-and-rules

here our races have no rules lol .. they set the categories on 4 6 and 8 cylinders engines.

whats the oem camber on the boss ??

whats the best camber setup for or cars if its still on the stock setup ?

Im looking at the camber bolts if i can gain better handling when i put them on,, do u guys recommend them ?

HackBoss302 said:
Depends are what your goals are? With a stock suspension and the focus being autocross no you don't need camber plates as most stock/street classes do not allow camber plates. SCCA Solo street class (F-street) would be your best bet for a beginner. It allows the fewest mods and focuses on driver development which is the biggest part of any Hi Performance driving equation. Read the SCCA rule book then make mods based on your chosen class. Street Touring would be the next step up from Street if you insist on additional mods, but this class tends to be very competitive and currently does not favor Mustangs of any kind. With the purposed 2016 class/rules changes coming that may change. http://www.scca.com/pages/solo-cars-and-rules

Hows that camber on the stock boss ?? Is it good enough for autocrosses and curcuit races ?

Here we have no rules lol.. and my car would be oem suspension with 18x10 wheels

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Apart from the real benifits of added grip up front etc, one of the key points is tire life!! You can cord a set of tires in a day if you have stock camber... I know because I have done it!! :'($$$

TMO Supporting Vendors