The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Castor camber plate question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So...track bug infection is causing itches that need scratching.

Have 5,000 miles on the stock P-zeros including 4 track days. One more track weekend and they would be shot so figured I could save money in the long run by going 18" x4. So now have sve drifts 18x10 and new BFG rival 275x35 ready to go and "P" springs sitting on the table ready to install.

I plan on only running 18's on the track and swapping back to stock otherwise. So...do I need cc plates with the P springs for the stock 19's? I'm thinking when the 18's go on for track I will get a good neg camber and I can just leave it as is. Thought?

Shock Boss said:
So...do I need cc plates with the P springs for the stock 19's?

I'm thinking when the 18's go on for track I will get a good neg camber and I can just leave it as is. Thought?

The P springs will give you slightly more negative camber on their own, but not much

While you don't necessarily need CC plates, they are very nice to have

If you're going to track more than once or twice a year, I would recommend getting them

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Camber plates make a lot of sense $$$$.. My OEM pirelli tires lasted two long track days with out camber plates! With camber plates and switching to a more track friendly tire like the Dunlop Direzza II I got 14 events average per set of tires!! Thats money well spent!

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Adjustable canber plates are a good option as they allow you to increase negative camber settings once you get to the track. When your done at the track you can pull them back to street settings if you have them indexed by your alignment shop after you install them.

302 Hi Pro

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel