The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

CEL and Trouble Codes - Thoughts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I've had my 2013 Boss since new October 2012. Car has 4,650 miles on it. Haven't driven the car much this summer but today got the following trouble codes - probably going to need a trip to the dealer and realize others have dealt with the misfires so figured I'd poll the experts.

IMG_1925.JPG
IMG_1926.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Off the top of my head (may be one, multiple, or none of these :) ):

Old/bad fuel
Neutral profile relearn needed (One hour labor)
Crank sensor replacement ($35 part)

Off the top of my head (may be one, multiple, or none of these :) ):

Old/bad fuel
Neutral profile relearn needed (One hour labor)
Crank sensor replacement ($35 part)

Thanks - is the relearn something I can do myself to see if that works before bringing it in? Last year when it happened I pulled the battery and it didn't come back for the season.

The car does sit a lot as you can see by the mileage but I've run two tanks of V-Power through it this season before it threw codes.

2nd on the relearn...

You have to take it in or by a tuner that has the capability to perform this. I'll save you trouble and tell you that the 1 hour labor that you will have to pay the dealer to perform this is less than half the cost of a capable tuner. I would have this done but also have the trouble shoot to be sure.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Relearn and Maybe an upgrade to the CJ pulse ring. I had issues with codes and the ring and relearn fixed the issue. Of course, Had to do the relearn twice. The last time between sessions at VIR. Local dealership was fantastic.

2nd on the relearn...

You have to take it in or by a tuner that has the capability to perform this. I'll save you trouble and tell you that the 1 hour labor that you will have to pay the dealer to perform this is less than half the cost of a capable tuner. I would have this done but also have the trouble shoot to be sure.

OK - going to go the relearn route. The car is due for service and its inspection anyhow.

For those experienced with this - should I not clear the CEL (my reader can do this) and what should I ask them to perform.

Thanks all

OK - going to go the relearn route. The car is due for service and its inspection anyhow.

For those experienced with this - should I not clear the CEL (my reader can do this) and what should I ask them to perform.

Thanks all

Did you ever get this fixed? I recently have had this happen to me I don't drive my car much either. I have a boss 302 intake stage 3 cams and some other stuff. It was fine but I let it sit with e85 for a bit and started seeing a p0300 and P0316. Once I clear them and I drive it once a day or I just turn it on it won't come back. But if I let it sit for more then 2 days or on a cold day it comes back. I replaced the spark plugs, O2 sensors, and thinking might need to replace the crank sensor. I did get 3.73 gears and new clutch though. I heard doing a Kam reset or relearn can also solve this. I can do that on my ngauge. Is the Kam relearn the same as the neutral relearn or is it different?

Did you ever get this fixed? I recently have had this happen to me I don't drive my car much either. I have a boss 302 intake stage 3 cams and some other stuff. It was fine but I let it sit with e85 for a bit and started seeing a p0300 and P0316. Once I clear them and I drive it once a day or I just turn it on it won't come back. But if I let it sit for more then 2 days or on a cold day it comes back. I replaced the spark plugs, O2 sensors, and thinking might need to replace the crank sensor. I did get 3.73 gears and new clutch though. I heard doing a Kam reset or relearn can also solve this. I can do that on my ngauge. Is the Kam relearn the same as the neutral relearn or is it different?

I did execute the relearn which seems to have solved the problem - admittedly I don't think I've run a full tank of gas through it sense and it being winter, likely won't until March.

- Steve

I used to receive the 0300 code frequently while on road course before. Not sure what build your's is but i had an early '12 build. When i was in swapping out clutch I installed the CJ pulse ring and replaced the crank sensor with the new O ring. Haven't seen that code sense and am sure I have hit 8000 RPM's plenty of times. If you have removed flywheel or pulled the crank sensor you will need the relearn. Fortunately I know a Ford tech so I just swing by and he performs the relearn. Without the relearn anytime you get over 4000 RPM's or so it may through a code.

I have a 2014 and mine usually only comes up on start up. P0300 says random multiple cylinder misfire and the P0316 says misfires at start up first 1000 rpm i belive. My ngauge had a setting for Kam relearn is that the same thing or is it a different one? Thanks.

TMO Supporting Vendors