The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 CELESTE Build Thread Profile - S197 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Wisconsin
Ordered a stage 2 today!! Along with R18 gloc to match the rears. Ford performance driveshaft was installed last week as well.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
Dont say that!! What happened if you dont mind me asking?
Search for the thread. The short story is the required 1000 easy street miles using Calimer's recommended fluid. One track day and 4th gear shattered on the street during a test drive in a residential area with a 45 mile an hour speed limit.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Wisconsin
Search for the thread. The short story is the required 1000 easy street miles using Calimer's recommended fluid. One track day and 4th gear shattered on the street during a test drive in a residential area with a 45 mile an hour speed limit.
Read your thread, that super blows!!!

Did you send yours in or buy a new one? I wanted a new one so that is the way I went.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
You are not getting a new one. You are getting a core that they had laying around that they rebuilt. I sent mine in. What really blows is mine was shifting fine. It only came out for a clutch replacement at a little over 90k miles. I decided to have it built as preventative maintenance since it was already out and the mileage. They even commented how good it looked when they tore it down. I think something either went wrong in the cryo treatment or I didn't get my original gear set back. The turn around was so quick I don't see how they were able to send out my parts for metal treating.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Wisconsin
You are not getting a new one. You are getting a core that they had laying around that they rebuilt. I sent mine in. What really blows is mine was shifting fine. It only came out for a clutch replacement at a little over 90k miles. I decided to have it built as preventative maintenance since it was already out and the mileage. They even commented how good it looked when they tore it down. I think something either went wrong in the cryo treatment or I didn't get my original gear set back. The turn around was so quick I don't see how they were able to send out my parts for metal treating.
Interesting. Yes hopefully I have better luck. Was getting 3rd and 5th lockout a bit on mine and figured why not.

TMO Supporting Vendors