The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

"Clevite" rear sway bar end link bushings?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey guys - I was curious if anyone could identify this end link bushing? It came on a used 18mm rear sway bar I bought.

I googled the numbers printed on it but nothing really came up. I had already ordered some Moog 18mm end links but these ones seem to be in good shape (they look worse in the pic than in person) so was contemplating using them. Any help about what brand these are, quality of them, etc would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

John

clevite.jpg

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Irvine, CA
I was just checking the bushings on the 20mm rear bar I picked up and they are Clevite as well. I think this might actually be the OE end link/bushing, seems to match the picture of this OE part (https://lmr.com/item/LRS-5C488B/mustang-rear-sway-bar-end-link-convertible-0511) , down to the teardrop shaped metal sleeve (which mine has at the chassis end as well). Looks like there is writing on the bushing too, which my bigger OE bars don't have.

Very interesting - thank you for letting me know! I ended up using the new Moog ones hoping they would fix the squeaking I couldn't track down (which ended up being a combination of 1 joint on my Watts link, the KW coilover spring, and the spring perch all squeaking in concert!).

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel