The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Corbeau Seat Brackets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does anybody here have experience with the Corbeau seat brackets and how they compare to the stock seat? I have a set of Corbeau RRS seats in my New Edge that I'd like to swap into my S197. When I installed them in the New Edge with the Corbeau brackets, the seat didn't go back all the way. When the new seat was all the way back it felt like it was 2" too close to the wheel. I ended up modifying the brackets to make them work, but I'd rather not do it again.

CA
Does anybody here have experience with the Corbeau seat brackets and how they compare to the stock seat? I have a set of Corbeau RRS seats in my New Edge that I'd like to swap into my S197. When I installed them in the New Edge with the Corbeau brackets, the seat didn't go back all the way. When the new seat was all the way back it felt like it was 2" too close to the wheel. I ended up modifying the brackets to make them work, but I'd rather not do it again.
I had a Corbeau FX1 pro w/their S197 seat base and double locking slider mount in my car for multiple years and was happy with the seating position. I'm 5'11". The double locking sliders however weren't good for track use.

CA
Why weren't they good for track use?
There is "slack" in the sliding mechanism which when presented with the higher g-forces of track work makes itself apparent.

Ie, taking a right hand turn, the front left corner of the slider would move forward. Taking a left hand turn, the front right corner of the slider would move forward. This would happen on a turn by turn basis, and was a very unsettling feeling. I have since gone to non-

There is "slack" in the sliding mechanism which when presented with the higher g-forces of track work makes itself apparent.

Ie, taking a right hand turn, the front left corner of the slider would move forward. Taking a left hand turn, the front right corner of the slider would move forward. This would happen on a turn by turn basis, and was a very unsettling feeling. I have since gone to non-
I would imagine. I have them in my New Edge and never had that issue.

Just to update this thread, I installed my Corbeau RRS seats with their brackets and the seat sat maybe 0.5-1" more forward than the stock seats. Both people who told me that theirs fit fine had FX1s, so I'm guessing that RRSs sit a little more forward.

I just modified my brackets to sit 1.5" further back and will post an update when they are out of paint, reassembled, and back in the car.
1664385363586.png

Just realized that I never updated this. The plastic cover on the reclining pivot points rubs when the seat is all the way back, but that doesn't bother me at all. All is good!

TMO Supporting Vendors