The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Cortex JRi Single Adjustable Base Settings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NJ
Just installing the Cortex JRi single adjustable setup on my 2012 Mustang. Springs are pretty soft, 450/225 since it's a dual purpose car. Other major changes include a MM K-member and adjustable swaybar setup, plus their rear LCA's/Reloc Brackets/PHB.

Curious where others are setting the adjustment knob initially. Mine happened to be about 8 clicks from full firm in the front (haven't checked rears yet) and it definitely didn't feel right. Was reacting way too quick and didn't feel like it was letting the suspension work properly. Adjusted the knob down to 20 clicks but haven't had a chance to take the car back out yet.

Will give Philip a call next week for input as well but appreciate any feedback others might have here.

Norm Peterson

Corner Barstool Sitter
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
a few miles east of Philly
The shock tuning note that Koni suggested some years back basically amounted to start at full soft and work up. While it was for double-adjustables, you'd only need to follow the 'rebound' section for singles.

There's a guideline for where to stop, and since that point may differ, front vs rear, you could end up making more adjustments at one end of the car than at the other. That procedure ought to work no matter whose adjustable dampers you're working with.

Once you're more familiar with what you want, you could start partway up if you ever needed to replace them. But you'd still want to index your settings from full soft.

It's also a good idea when tweaking them from an intermediate setting to return to zero before moving to the new setting. I've seen where adjustment settings occasionally drift a little (Koni yellows).

Should I add sway bars or T-springs?
(right-click and open in a new tab)

Norm

NJ
Thanks Norm! Actually came across your old post while I was researching last night and was going to try what Koni suggested. Appreciate the tip on returning to zero, wouldn't have ever thought of that.

On the set I had on my Boss 302 the dampers had different number of clicks. To adjust for this I created a spreadsheet so I could keep my adjustments comparable from a % perspective. I think I typically ran mine at about 30% stiff for street and 80% stiff for track.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Will give Philip a call next week for input as well but appreciate any feedback others might have here.
Definitely call Filip. I don't have the SA units, but check with him about what your clicker adjusts. If it affects much of any of the low speed part of the rebound curve, tuning guides for high speed rebound adjusters aren't going to help you as much.

See this thread if you haven't yet:
https://trackmustangsonline.com/thr...-damper-adjustment-settings.9216/#post-134061

IIRC, the adjustment ranges for front/rear are different. So don't just match the numbers f/r. Again, check with Filip on the usable range.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel