The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Cortex Watts Link - 2012 Boss 302 Rear Suspension Remake

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

302 Hi Pro said:
One other item, does anyone have the PN for the Mustang convertible rear sway bar? I have a line on one, and it's a take off from a Breaker's yard. Advertised as as 2012 Mustang GT convertible rear sway bar. Is the GT Vert an 18mm unit or do I need a V6 Mustang Vert bar?

Thanks so much,
302 Hi Pro

The Ford part number is 6R3Z-5A772-A.

The green colored Ford engineering part number tag on the bar is 6R33-5A771-BB.

See page 2 of this post: https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=7928.25

It is an 18mm bar.

302 Hi Pro said:
I look forward to the install and rear suspension setup sometime in March early April 2016, if not sooner.

302 Hi Pro

Hi 302 Hi Pro....
You're killing me! I'm close to doing this but I figured I would see how it went for you! Any closer?

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Hi 12Boss:

I know, but I've had a few interruptions in life, and I'm disappointed that I haven't had the time to put the Boss in the air for this upgrade. Don't know about you, but for me, 2016 seems to be flying by! Can't believe it June 3rd already.

Before I start the install, I would like to pick up a few more parts that would include: HD UCA Body Mount, Cool Tech Shock Tower Brace, Fluids, etc.

However, if you are thinking about a Cortex Racing S197 suspension upgrade then start with the Watts Link and rest assured you are buying a premier suspension system that allows you to build-up as your budget allows.

Although I have not installed my parts as of this writing, Cortex Racing has already exceeded my expectations in both manufacturing excellence, and customer service. And, I rest assured in my decision to go with Cortex Racing components due to their proven race performance that has resulting in podium finishes!

I will post my install procedure with lots of pics when I finally get to the install.

Kind Regards, and thank you for the interest in my Boss build.
Dave
302 Hi Pro

TMO Supporting Vendors