The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Coyote Swap into 05-09 GT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
My 2008 FR500S is running an M-6007-A50NAA Gen 2 Coyote Aluminator 5.0 with the M-6017-504V Ford Motorsport control pack and the engine ignition harness out of a M-12000-M50 kit. No issues with the ABS. However, Ford didn't make a provision for speedo or gearing because there's no harness link for the manual transmission. I've attached my list of parts, in case you want to compare.View attachment 60971
So is the 3 Valve ecu also in the car or is the ford performance control pack handling everything?

Exp. Type
Circle Track
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Florida
Need some help with the PBH harness going into a 2006 V6 convertible. PBH does not have 100% plug and play harness.

Our Roadrunner Boss 302 is installed and we (son and I) are beginning to route the PBH harness.
1. Where to mount the PBH fuse panel? - on the firewall near the battery?
2. Pedal connector break off - behind the engine and through the driver side firewall?
3. Open wires through the fire wall or can they be connected to the 2006 body harness near the ECU?

Any help with routing and connecting is appreciated.

14BFF0E1-D705-4CF7-AA0D-A4158C9FC5BF.jpeg

CBAFA836-CFB0-46B9-893B-F861088D6A09.jpeg

299553DA-DA0E-486C-BC2A-48FFA667772E.jpeg

Do you still need help or figure it all out? I had two small issues with my harness install and after figuring those out I realized it is much easier than I made it out to be.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
@White95 and @OvalSports we don't really get into flame wars here on TMO. Kidding around is OK but asking a question that is totally unhelpful and then slamming someone for posting that dumb question just leads to a flame war on someone else's thread. This is unacceptable. No need for discipline this time (we aren't Facebook or Twitter of course) but keep it on topic. If you want to start a frivolous thread put it up in the general topics section.
Dumb question that has zero to do with racing…

Did the cruise control still work? 😆

It took a year for you to make a stupid comeback. Stay in the ‘90’s, or maybe head back to the Mustang II era.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Louisiana
@White95 and @OvalSports we don't really get into flame wars here on TMO. Kidding around is OK but asking a question that is totally unhelpful and then slamming someone for posting that dumb question just leads to a flame war on someone else's thread. This is unacceptable. No need for discipline this time (we aren't Facebook or Twitter of course) but keep it on topic. If you want to start a frivolous thread put it up in the general topics section.

Well, you’re totally right and I apologize for the misunderstanding. That said, I was announcing that MY question was dumb and not racing related. No disrespect intended towards anyone here and this was my first time commenting in this thread.

Really hope someone can answer my question.

Last edited:

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Well, you’re totally right and I apologize for the misunderstanding. That said, I was announcing that MY question was dumb and not racing related. No disrespect intended towards anyone here and this was my first time commenting in this thread.

Really hope someone can answer my question.
I think if you posted and said "seriously, has anyone gotten the cruise control to function doing this swap?" It would not have triggered a snarky response. Its all good and water under the bridge

Exp. Type
Circle Track
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Florida
Already worked it out, the misunderstanding that is.

Cruise control - not yet. We are still trying to just get brake lights working since we switched from auto to a 2013 brake&clutch pedal assembly.

We are running into a fuel problem. We installed a GT500 pump assembly and power wired it to the PBH fuse block. Unfortunately we are getting mixed communication from PBH regarding if their block provides varying voltage to the pump or constant 12V. It seems that it is varying and can’t keep up with the pressure demand.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel