The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!
Oct

CRMC 22nd Annual PDS at CMP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
Early bird pricing ends after July 15th and the price goes up by $75. Registration is limited and this event usually sells out.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
Time to give this one a bump, since it is only a week away. I am heading over Friday morning. I usually park under the tree just behind the new gas pumps. It is close to the restrooms and friends in the garages.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
Well my number came up Saturday morning. Some douche canoe in an old beat up miata claimed he had a brake failure halfway through the first session of the morning and in his infinite wisdom decided to try and go instead instead of off to the outside. He spun and hit me as turned in. His back passenger corner made contact with my door and his front passenger fender came around and hit me behind the passenger wheel. The door is crushed, window shattered inside the door, and the whole rear quarter is messed up including the door jam. I removed the loose plastic rocker, checked the wheel and bearing said F#@K it and ran it all weekend not missing a single session.68695069758__1BA4208B-DA34-4D22-8515-F07F97E2E0B6.jpg

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
Well my number came up Saturday morning. Some douche canoe in an old beat up miata claimed he had a brake failure halfway through the first session of the morning and in his infinite wisdom decided to try and go instead instead of off to the outside. He spun and hit me as turned in. His back passenger corner made contact with my door and his front passenger fender came around and hit me behind the passenger wheel. The door is crushed, window shattered inside the door, and the whole rear quarter is messed up including the door jam. I removed the loose plastic rocker, checked the wheel and bearing said F#@K it and ran it all weekend not missing a single session.View attachment 80124
Ugh, hate to see this. How did the Tremec treat you?

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
Ugh, hate to see this. How did the Tremec treat you?
The Tremec felt good. The stock shifter isn't too bad, but will probably get replaced with another MGW soon (after the obvious door and quarter panel this winter). The 2-3 shift is a little vague. The way my car is currently geared I did a lot of 2-3 shifts. The MT82 was mostly 3-4 shifts at this track. I was also running out of gear in a few places with 100-200 feet before a brake zone. I had to choose whether to try and keep it off the rev limiter or shift up just before braking.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
Sorry for the hit, but it was good meeting you!
It was good to meet you and a couple other forum members that were there. I still don't believe how much damage there was. The hit just felt like a little bump from where I was. I watched my in car video and realized how hard I got hit. It looks like the impact moved by car at least 3-4 feet to the left as I rounded turn 14.

TMO Supporting Vendors