The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

SN95 Cujo Build Thread Profile - SN95 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Raytown, MO
I added a couple of pics of the interior and of the rear axle before it was installed. Also corrected one of the manufacturers names I misremembered. The car is mostly built. I need to find a way to move weight to the rear as it is still nose heavy (around 54%). If there was a rule change about using aftermarket K-members in prepared, I could try to get close to 2700 pounds weight (w/o driver) and still be legal. Don't think it will happen anytime soon, if at all.

PatientZero

@restless_performance
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Kansas City, Missouri
I added a couple of pics of the interior and of the rear axle before it was installed. Also corrected one of the manufacturers names I misremembered. The car is mostly built. I need to find a way to move weight to the rear as it is still nose heavy (around 54%). If there was a rule change about using aftermarket K-members in prepared, I could try to get close to 2700 pounds weight (w/o driver) and still be legal. Don't think it will happen anytime soon, if at all.

They allow SLA but not an aftermarket k-member? The SCCA blows my mind sometimes.

I was eyeing jumping over to SM in my car but for whatever reason they have AWD and RWD cars in the same class.... don't quite understand that one. Mark Hill will destroy me.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Raytown, MO
There is always CAM-C. Mark Hill is actually in STU and he destroys everybody most of the time. On the K-member, I could fabricate (well, not me but maybe someone else) one with, more or less, the same geometry as the aftermarket one as long as I started with the stock piece and still be legal without having to take the 10% weight penalty. It doesn't make sense but that's the politics of it. I blame the lack of affordable aftermarket support for the most commonly used bowties.

There is always CAM-C. Mark Hill is actually in STU and he destroys everybody most of the time. On the K-member, I could fabricate (well, not me but maybe someone else) one with, more or less, the same geometry as the aftermarket one as long as I started with the stock piece and still be legal without having to take the 10% weight penalty. It doesn't make sense but that's the politics of it. I blame the lack of affordable aftermarket support for the most commonly used bowties.

I think your interior modifications would disqualify you from the CAM-C classes in SCCA. If you could swing it though, you'd probably be a tad better off in CAM-T, since last year's rule change allows the Mustangs to go to 2004. Slightly better PAX, lower weight minimum. 3000 vs 3300. Might be enough weight to get your F/R weight bias closer, at least.

PatientZero

@restless_performance
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Kansas City, Missouri
I think your interior modifications would disqualify you from the CAM-C classes in SCCA. If you could swing it though, you'd probably be a tad better off in CAM-T, since last year's rule change allows the Mustangs to go to 2004. Slightly better PAX, lower weight minimum. 3000 vs 3300. Might be enough weight to get your F/R weight bias closer, at least.
I think he was talking about my car.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Raytown, MO
I think he was talking about my car.

Yes, I was.

I think I could run CAM-T if I put some of the interior back in. I still have the door panels, headliner, and carpet in the basement. Adding those back in would put the weight comfortably above the minimum. The big cost would be new wheels and tires. I'm sure there are some other items that would need to be addressed if I did that but, for now, I'm not looking in that direction.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Raytown, MO
Well.....I'm waiting for some drop spindles to arrive so I can improve the steering geometry. They are coming from the guy who built the Nationals winning car in CP the last two years (Sledgehammer). Hopefully everything will be together and aligned by the 24th. I will likely also be changing the spring rates as well. So I guess the short answer is that it is not yet back together.

TMO Supporting Vendors