The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Curious: How many Bosses have you seen?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coming home from Norwalk, in the Boss, going north on I95 at around 3:30 pm yesterday, my wife spotted a Comp Orange Boss going southbound. I missed it since I was driving & I95 needs your full attention. I doubt it was anybody from this site, but you never know.

I've only seen a few in the wild over the last few months:

1. Comp Orange '12 on 101 South around the South San Francisco area. I believe it had personalized black plates that read "PURIST"

2. Perf White '13 (my twin!) in Hayward near the Police station. I've seen it a couple of times now and I believe it also had personalized black CA plates.

3. Grabber Blue '13 in Hayward on Mission Blvd.

4. Perf White '13 on 101 North around the South San Francisco area.

Bay Area
Sydewaysix said:
I've only seen a few in the wild over the last few months:

1. Comp Orange '12 on 101 South around the South San Francisco area. I believe it had personalized black plates that read "PURIST"

2. Perf White '13 (my twin!) in Hayward near the Police station. I've seen it a couple of times now and I believe it also had personalized black CA plates.

3. Grabber Blue '13 in Hayward on Mission Blvd.

4. Perf White '13 on 101 North around the South San Francisco area.

I have seen #1 and I believe he lives in the Peninsula. #4 might have been me. If you see a 13 PW with a USMC plate that's me running around.

byronj said:
I have seen #1 and I believe he lives in the Peninsula. #4 might have been me. If you see a 13 PW with a USMC plate that's me running around.

Yes, I've seen #1 exit somewhere around the Millbrae area. Car looks stock, which probably explains the "PURIST" plates :)

I believe your Boss is dropped on all black wheels, right? #4 looked to be all stock but I could be wrong. I'll keep an eye out for you...though I no longer work on the Peninsula so I try to avoid crossing the bridge these days. ::)

Bay Area
Sydewaysix said:
Yes, I've seen #1 exit somewhere around the Millbrae area. Car looks stock, which probably explains the "PURIST" plates :)

I believe your Boss is dropped on all black wheels, right? #4 looked to be all stock but I could be wrong. I'll keep an eye out for you...though I no longer work on the Peninsula so I try to avoid crossing the bridge these days. ::)

Yes mine lowered on all black wheels. Maybe we should do a cars and coffee or something.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Toughest one for me to see is 2012 ( #12 ) at our new Ford Store, since I sold a good customer a GT350 and took my old Boss ( I sold him) back in trade. It is really tough since both my 2012 Boss and 2013 LS are just 25 miles away from me and my new GT350 is in the Ford fallopian tubes waiting for insemination. Damn, I can even say it is having contractions, we are waiting for egg fertilization -- damn I want my baby and this waiting is awful.

Saw a very rare 2016 Boss the other day :eek: Thought it might have been an 80 year old man texting. Turned out to be a young guy not on his phone, he just sucked at driving. Crossing lines, camping in the passing lane, randomly touching the brake pedal for absolutely no reason..., the usual Masshole stuff. I wish I was in my real Boss at the time ;D

byronj said:
Saw a 13 RR Boss heading NB on the 101 near Novato today. It had paper plates so I'm sure the driver just picked it up. Maybe he / she will find us here
Just by chance I was on NB 101 yesterday afternoon in that area but didn't see a RR B302. I was not driving my GT350.

Slightly off topic, but I just spotted a new Arctic Gray GT350 with paper plates in Hayward coming down D st/ Winton. Everytime a spot a Boss or GT350 in the wild I'm never driving the Boss...I guess I need to drive it more often :-\

Saw two race red 2012s in the last three months. One was at road Atlanta and one was on hwy 111 between Soddy Daisy and Dunlap Tn. I wasn't driving my boss either time. They are the only ones I have seen since I bought mine two years ago.

Bay Area
Sydewaysix said:
Slightly off topic, but I just spotted a new Arctic Gray GT350 with paper plates in Hayward coming down D st/ Winton. Everytime a spot a Boss or GT350 in the wild I'm never driving the Boss...I guess I need to drive it more often :-\

DUUUHHHH!! I dont DD mine but I drive it whenever I want cause thats what I bout her for. And I have 38xxx smiles on her.

If it wasn't for this forum, I'm lucky if I see 1 a year in NJ. And there passing me going the other way on the turnpike at a safe respectable blur.
I'm sure if I went to the car show scene I would see some. But that's like going to the zoo (to me). I rather see them in the wild and not being judged. (Just to new) I love seeing what owners have done to there Boss. I'm a believer that the car is new and should be modified to the owners taste. Yes as the car approaches a classic you may want to think STOCK. But that's around 20 years out.

Buy it / build it / drive it.... Its only you car once!!!
That's what they say about being Factory. I say who cares at this point. :)

Sorry but 2015 I saw 2 and 2016 I saw 1. 2017 ZERO. But its winter.
I always wonder when I have mine out if people who see me think what I think.... O chit there goes a Boss.

To all owners: drive your car the way you want to and don't let anyone tell you different.. even me.
If the car show scene is what your into or tracking it. All that matters is that you enjoy your Boss. You are a member of a very small family who cares about you. The forums #1 rule is to have fun with your Boss what ever your case may be.

BOSS ON MY FRIENDS

The Boss 302 is a very unique Mustang indeed. Our numbers were few & declining with attrition. The newer GT350 surely outpaces our capabilities but I still love my Boss! When I'm out driving most people don't see the Boss for what it is but a few do...bravo to them..................man I love driving this car!

302BOB said:
The Boss 302 is a very unique Mustang indeed. Our numbers were few & declining with attrition. The newer GT350 surely outpaces our capabilities but I still love my Boss! When I'm out driving most people don't see the Boss for what it is but a few do...bravo to them..................man I love this car!
Im new here and I agree with everything you said. The boss is very Special I live in a small town in southwest Missouri and I have only seen 1 other boss a white one(dang I wasn'tDriving mine) one thing is the Gt 350 will sell as many as they can sell,to me that is one reason why the boss will stay special to me.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel