The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Custom offset forged wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Utah
Talked to Apex and they don't do custom. Any suggestions on who makes a custom offset forged at a good price and quality like Apex. I'm going 18 inch and the suspension on my 65 coupe is custom and I can get over the upper ball joint for a wider tire.

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
What specific size, offset, bolt pattern? True Forged or "flow- / rotary-forged"? 3-piece wheels will offer the most customization on offset and you can find them with a forged center section with spun aluminum rims (hey, BS-1, that's proper use!). You might look at Weld Racing wheels at Summit - they're like a 3-piece that's welded instead of bolted together.

Utah
What specific size, offset, bolt pattern? True Forged or "flow- / rotary-forged"? 3-piece wheels will offer the most customization on offset and you can find them with a forged center section with spun aluminum rims (hey, BS-1, that's proper use!). You might look at Weld Racing wheels at Summit - they're like a 3-piece that's welded instead of bolted together.
I have bought both Apex wheels sets and Forgestar wheels sets. The Apex have no option for cutom offsets whereas the Forgestars do allow custom offsets and wheels prices are somewhat similar.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I would take JDee's suggestion as Forgeline has been doing these type of application for decades and are considered by many Pro drivers as one of the best set ups for race cars. They made all the rims for the ACR-X Vipers and their Series to name just one application and the company I used to work for ( Woodhouse Auto Family ) used them often for custom applications. Heck , we did a custom set of rims for Ray Evernham's Viper almost 2 decades back.

Best of all they are also a Sponsor on this site!!

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
For many of us Apex is the answer ( myself included ) but for a custom application I vouch for the superb build and capabilities of Forgeline. I would go that route long before I would consider Forgestar or others , as Forgeline has been heavy into racing applications for such a long time.

That's why I put in there "about the price of Apex".

Well there's a problem. Apex are not forged (monoblock). So if you want forged you need to expect to pay a bunch more. Some cast/flow formed manufacturers create a wheel with a super thick back pad and will machine it down to your desired offset, but that will be as close as you will get to custom without going forged with the associated cost.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Arizona
@Time Warp Try @50Deep at Signature wheels. I haven't run their wheels ,I plan to. But I've seen quite a few big builds street and track with their wheels. They have designs to choose for and do 100% custom fitment.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel