The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 Daily Driver / Track Toy Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Potomac, MD
This is the Build Thread for Daily Driver Track Toy. Reply below.

Stock Wheels – 20" x 9”W with BFG G-force Comp-2 A/S plus BW (275/35/20)
Steeda Low Profile Jacking rails – 555-5205
Steeda Subframe Alignment Kit – 555-4438
Steeda IRS Subframe Support Brace – SFC44
Ford Motorsport GT350R Strut Tower Brace – M-20201-GT350
Stainless steel brake lines, Hawk HPS 5.0 front/rear brake pads, Motul RBF 600 brake fluid
DBA 4000 series T3 slotted rotors, front / rear

Next: Schroth Quick-Fit 4-point harnesses w/pads – ST17111 / SR-17611
Hawk HP Plus front/rear brake pads

Last edited:
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Potomac, MD
Thanks! It is further down my list due to the cost ($3,500 - $4,000). I am planning on getting a set of Apex 19" x 10" EC-7 in Satin Bronze with Max Summer Performance Tires (not sure which one yet) and run those from my 1st event (March / April) to my last event (~October) and switch to the all seasons for the winter since this is my daily driver. Also have a number of other suspension, brake, and aero upgrades planned. Long list, less money. Given I am a relative noob, the all-seasons tires I have (BFG G-force Comp-2 A/S plus) work surprisingly well and don't wear out too fast (they survived 2 days at VIR whereas the brakes did not). I figure another season and I will be into the Intermediate Solo category and need to step up the grip to not hold everyone else up.

TMO Supporting Vendors