The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 Danny's S197 GT500 (Alice) Build Build Thread Profile - S197 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Car ADHD --- love that, because there are plenty of folks on TMO with the same illness, ha.

Hi, my name is Bill and..............I have Car ADHD!!

Really liking the flat black look on this car - I think I usually like that on most race-y cars though.

Thanks! My wife and daughter keep asking me to go back to red. The temptation is real, but the wrap give me a little protection at the track. Although the front bumper looks like it has chicken pox at the moment.

cholmes1

400lb Gorilla
Denver, CO
Thanks! My wife and daughter keep asking me to go back to red. The temptation is real, but the wrap give me a little protection at the track. Although the front bumper looks like it has chicken pox at the moment.

Curious if you still have your wrap on Alice? If not, we’re the Shelby decal stripes damaged by the wrap at all when removed?

I saw on a recent post that you have a custom splitter. I'm about to start my homemade cone defector...I mean splitter...soon and I have a few questions.
How have you mounted the splitter to the chassis? Are your support rods going into the bottom of your crash bar? What thickness of ABS did you use? Is there anything that you wish you had done differently with it?

Curious if you still have your wrap on Alice? If not, we’re the Shelby decal stripes damaged by the wrap at all when removed?

Totally missed this question. Alice is back to Red. My two year old loves Lightening McQueen and asked to go back. Couldn't say no. My car was a factory stripe delete though, so that was not an issue. I will say, after pulling the wrap off, I dont think the OEM stripes would survive.

I saw on a recent post that you have a custom splitter. I'm about to start my homemade cone defector...I mean splitter...soon and I have a few questions.
How have you mounted the splitter to the chassis? Are your support rods going into the bottom of your crash bar? What thickness of ABS did you use? Is there anything that you wish you had done differently with it?

It is mounted to the chasis (under the car) and the bumper reinforcement up front. If I had to do it again, I would buy the Ford Racing crash bar with the splitter attachment points. Drilling through the hardened steel was a beast. Adding insult to injury, I had a drill bit break on me which lead to me go through my heat exchanger (unplanned upgrade!). For material, I used 1/4" abs. I would possibly consider using a PVC plate next time, as it is much stiffer, but there is a weight penalty for sure.

TMO Supporting Vendors