The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Daytona 2018??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nice 2nd place finish for the 66 car and Joey. I raced KT100 karts against him over two decades ago. He was the fastest kid around and it’s great to see him doing so well.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
I watched a good part of the IMSA race and saw the headlights flashing on many of the cars with what seems to be without rhyme or reason. Obviously most of this was at night but even saw it often in the dusk and dawn tyme frames. Come on now, I couldn't have been the only one to notice.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
I watched a good part of the IMSA race and saw the headlights flashing on many of the cars with what seems to be without rhyme or reason. Obviously most of this was at night but even saw it often in the dusk and dawn tyme frames. Come on now, I couldn't have been the only one to notice.

I know they flash on pit road when limiter is on. And of course they flash drivers ahead to let them know they are coming up to pass. The led taillights strobe on tv cameras because the frequency gets broken down by digital tv cameras so they may look like they are flashing on the broadcast but aren’t when viewed live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Surprised nobody commented on the FGT's last pit stop. While 67 was in the lead just prior, I was on the edge of my seat waiting to see who would get out first.
66 & 67 in the pits together:
39286475044_3a01c7cc76_c.jpg

67 driving away:
25125683417_5044403b63_c.jpg

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Heard that in NASCAR Ford will be bringing on a new body for 2019 to the Monster Cup series. Chevy brought in the POS Camaro this year and it will warm the cockles of my heart to see them hit the wall, often I hope. I know the Xfinity series had both Camaros and Mustangs last year but am curious as to what it any air issues they might be having with the Mustang to bring it into MC.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel