The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Detroit GP this weekend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
Did they diamond-saw the pavement where the tire locked up? DOT did that to a concrete highway near me, I'm guessing it improves wet-weather grip. At least the car was going parallel to the grooves at the time - would hate to see the cheese grater effect if it had been perpendicular.

TX
Man, if you guys didn’t have bad luck, you wouldn’t have any luck at all. Brutal.

what was the driver consensus of the track? From my couch, it seemed like it had all the danger of Long Beach, but none of the character and opportunity.

Man, if you guys didn’t have bad luck, you wouldn’t have any luck at all. Brutal.

what was the driver consensus of the track? From my couch, it seemed like it had all the danger of Long Beach, but none of the character and opportunity.
Racing down a bowling alley, the 150mph straight that cooled the brakes ended in a 30mph corner..!!!???

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Racing down a bowling alley, the 150mph straight that cooled the brakes ended in a 30mph corner..!!!???
Watching the racing in Detroit on TV I wondered who set up the course. What a mess. Rough patches, alleys and abrupt corners. Sadistic comes to mind.

TMO Supporting Vendors