The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Different Oil Separator Installations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thinking about getting an oil separator on the passenger side... Was wondering if anyone had any opinions about JLT versus Moroso...The Moroso looks more durable and I like the fact that is has all metal fittings. Looks like you might run into less problems with it breaking... Any thoughts? (I know the Moroso is a little more expensive, but I'd rather pay a little more if it's going to last longer. I heard though that I might need to replace those"heater hoses" as they're not really designed to withstand oil)

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Blow through it. If you can only blow through it one way, then the suction side goes to the IM behind the TB. You only need 1 can on the L/Side (passenger side), of the engine.

Good luck with your install.
2HP

Ultrakla$$ic

ωιℓℓ ωσяк ƒσя ωнιρρℓє!!!!
YellowBoss said:
OK, first snag - it's always something :(

The 13 firewall is different from the 12 and not sure how this will effect the bracket. Someone with a 13 please post a few pics of the area betwwen the battery and intake, from standing in front of the car and from the passenger side. I can't find a good pic right now and do not remember if there is a place to hang the bracket.

Is there anyway I can purchase one of these "no-drill" angled Peterson Catch can holders????? I need one baaaaaaad!!!!!!

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
There are no more brackets available but I posted the template so you can make your own.

Ultrakla$$ic

ωιℓℓ ωσяк ƒσя ωнιρρℓє!!!!
F.D. Sako said:
I may have an extra bracket at home. I'm overseas right now and won't be back until early Feb.

OMG!!!! Thanks Sako!!!!!!!!!! I'll pay you for it no problem!!!!!! I really appreciate this!

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
I carbon Fiber wrapped mine much like deeslayer and like how well it looks.

Did make my mounting bracket out of a used chicken wing pan. Now I get hungry when I'm out driving around the hood!

Just installed a Peterson oil separator kit. Took all of about 30 minutes to install. Came with a nice bracket to mount to the little tab on top of the firewall.

OilCan.jpg
OilCan2.jpg
OilCan3.jpg

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
vrinner said:
Just installed a Peterson oil separator kit. Took all of about 30 minutes to install. Came with a nice bracket to mount to the little tab on top of the firewall.

OilCan.jpg
OilCan2.jpg
OilCan3.jpg

boy does that look familiar...

2012Boss302Mustang717_zpsbc0adb68.jpg

2012Boss302Mustang722_zps3383474f.png

NFSBOSS said:
Nice. Is this the Watson Racing kit and is the bracket aluminum or SS?

The bracket is aluminum. I don't know if its a Watson Racing kit as it came with the car when I got it in a box. Shipped from S Johnston in Okeechobee FL. There were not other instructions or identifying info on or in the box. Glad this forum is awesome because I found this thread and figured out how it should be hooked up!.

The kit did include the canister with all fittings, the mounting bracket and clamp (already attached), the two hoses with all fittings, the male connector to replace the PCV valve, the two vacuum plugs with clamps.

NFSBOSS said:
That's the DIY kits Scott sold here on BMO. I sold the last two kits and posted the dimensions to make your own bracket.

If I ever order more exhaust plates I may have them make me a dozen brackets. Scott used aluminum but I wonder if SS might be better. Thoughts?

I think a nice billet aluminum would be best but obviously more costly. The aluminum bracket is flimsy.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
vrinner said:
The aluminum bracket is flimsy.

I think it serves its function well; it's not like it's a stressed member of the chassis or anything.

TMO Supporting Vendors