The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Different Oil Separator Installations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thinking about getting an oil separator on the passenger side... Was wondering if anyone had any opinions about JLT versus Moroso...The Moroso looks more durable and I like the fact that is has all metal fittings. Looks like you might run into less problems with it breaking... Any thoughts? (I know the Moroso is a little more expensive, but I'd rather pay a little more if it's going to last longer. I heard though that I might need to replace those"heater hoses" as they're not really designed to withstand oil)

Re: Moroso versus JLT?

Looks great. I'm really interested to see how much oil this mod catches before I commit to it. Just wondering how necessary the mod is. I've yet to see a pic that shows evidence.

808Boss said:
Rick, You mean the pcv valves? did your valves break? I was trying to find the part number but couldn't find. I'll keep on looking.
Nice job!

The 90 degree connectors on the head and intake that you connected your hoses to. Those are not valves just connectors. I found a part number but I'm not sure if it's the correct one. I want to keep the original connectors with the original hose and use the new ones with the new hoses.

9e499

http://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts/ford-connector_f4cz-9e499-aa.html

5 DOT 0 said:
808Boss said:
Rick, You mean the pcv valves? did your valves break? I was trying to find the part number but couldn't find. I'll keep on looking.
Nice job!

The 90 degree connectors on the head and intake that you connected your hoses to. Those are not valves just connectors. I found a part number but I'm not sure if it's the correct one. I want to keep the original connectors with the original hose and use the new ones with the new hoses.

9e499

Yes, I need the connectors also. Please let us know what you used.

Maui

5 DOT 0 said:
808Boss said:
Nice job!

9e499

Rick,

I re-used the plastic connectors, by cutting the old tube and pulling them off. None of the sites that sell the part you listed has any images. Makes it a little tough to tell if it's the right part. ???

5 DOT 0 said:

9e499

Looks to be the right part.

BossJockey said:
5 DOT 0 said:

9e499

Looks to be the right part.
Yeah I think that's it. I'll stop by my dealer this week and order two of them.

5 DOT 0 said:
2012YellowBoss said:
I just called my dealer they have one. Need to see how this works, guess I will still need a conector between this and the hose?
Were you able to confirm the part number?
No, they just said they have one. I will have to go there and check it out. Looks like the hose should be pretty close to a fit. I have Army/Navy 12 hose, the IO looks about 3/4 and the OD of the fitting is about the same. I saw a picture and think it was the SX that had hose labeled 3/4.

Mark told me 10 at first then the guy at Hoerr told me I needed 12, I asked Mark and he said that was correct and he was misspoken on the 10. I will have to see how it works out.

Maui

5 DOT 0 said:
I'm curious if the AN 12 hose fits the stock connectors. Dean used 10 and I purchased 10 which looks like it should fit perfectly on the connectors for the valve cover and intake.

The 10 AN hose fits perfectly on the stock connectors.. I used those hose clamps Dean mentioned to make it look cleaner and ensure it didn't slip off... Out of curiosity, which oil separator are you putting in? The Steeda?

808Boss said:
5 DOT 0 said:
I'm curious if the AN 12 hose fits the stock connectors. Dean used 10 and I purchased 10 which looks like it should fit perfectly on the connectors for the valve cover and intake.

The 10 AN hose fits perfectly on the stock connectors.. I used those hose clamps Dean mentioned to make it look cleaner and ensure it didn't slip off... Out of curiosity, which oil separator are you putting in? The Steeda?
I ordered the same hose and clamps Dean and you used. I'm installing the Steeda and I'm expecting Santa to bring me matching oil and radiator caps. ;)

Jeff, do you think I can remove the hose from the stock connectors without cutting the hose? If so I'll reuse them and install it this weekend. If not I'll order up a pair and wait.

Maui

5 DOT 0 said:
808Boss said:
5 DOT 0 said:

I ordered the same hose and clamps Dean and you used. I'm installing the Steeda and I'm expecting Santa to bring me matching oil and radiator caps. ;)

Jeff, do you think I can remove the hose from the stock connectors without cutting the hose? If so I'll reuse them and install it this weekend. If not I'll order up a pair and wait.

The stock connectors are in the hose pretty tight. The hose isn't very flexible either. It'd be tough, but might be possible. I didn't really try, but it's easy enough to remove the connectors from the head and intake (with the hose still attached). You could try to give it a tug and see if the connectors pull out. The connectors are sorta ribbed and the hose is "fitted" over. You could try to wedge a thin screwdriver in between the length of the hose and connector to help you pull it out..I'd be careful though, don't want to damage the connector...

This is not the correct part. I just just went to the dealer and it is just a elbow with two male fittings on it. We looked up the part numbers for the connectors and came up with CR3Z-6A664-A, that is the entire hose hose on the right side from the PCV to the intake (I hope). It is cheaper to get the entire hose with the connectors $12 -10% at my dealer 7 or 8 at fordpartsgiant then to buy the connectors by themselves.

http://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts/ford-hose-vent_cr3z-6a664-a.html

I will see what happens when it comes in, a little heat and they should come off easy. If not I will just use the connectors on my original part (labeled CR3E 6K817 AA).

Still need to find cap-offs for the intake.

Steeda Oil Separator

Using some of Dean's ideas I finally have my Steeda oil separator mounted. I think Steeda is using the same plastic connectors as JLT but it also came with straight aluminum connectors. The separator mounts better with the 90 degree elbow so I'm rolling with it for now. I'm going to pull it off tomorrow and cut the intake side a bit shorter. In general I don't like this mounting position and am anxiously awaiting to see what Scott does with the firewall mounted can.

P1020832.jpg
P1020828.jpg

Maui

Rick,

Looks good. So the separator is just hanging in the middle? Is there a bracket for the can? Were you able to yank out the connectors?

Great job...

808Boss said:
Rick,

Looks good. So the separator is just hanging in the middle? Is there a bracket for the can? Were you able to yank out the connectors?

Great job...
Thanks. Yes it hangs there just like the JLT. I cut the hose and will purchase another one with the connectors attached. I used the same hose as you and Dean so it's pretty rigid. I'd like it better if it were attached to something.

2012YellowBoss said:

This is not the correct part. I just just went to the dealer and it is just a elbow with two male fittings on it. We looked up the part numbers for the connectors and came up with CR3Z-6A664-A, that is the entire hose hose on the right side from the PCV to the intake (I hope). It is cheaper to get the entire hose with the connectors $12 -10% at my dealer 7 or 8 at fordpartsgiant then to buy the connectors by themselves.

http://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts/ford-hose-vent_cr3z-6a664-a.html

I will see what happens when it comes in, a little heat and they should come off easy. If not I will just use the connectors on my original part (labeled CR3E 6K817 AA).

Still need to find cap-offs for the intake.
Any update on your project?

No, still some things to figure out like the vapor return lines. It is on the list with the drive shaft, shifter, new brakes, scaling back the splitter etc, etc.... I hope to get to it when the dealer finishes up the pressure plate replacement.

TMO Supporting Vendors