The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

DOW 23,000+ today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
With that VIX spike, it'd almost seem like pretty far otm puts on the SPX and SPY are almost guaranteed money, and QQQ to a lesser degree, although I guess cash is always a position.
And all you gotta understand are which strikes are the ones that ‘expand’ the most with the expected move…assuming you expect the right move…and the right timeframe. 😉
Otherwise, it is like shooting fish in a barrel. 😁

I’d say just remember that the movement in the VIX is a symptom, not the cause.

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
Odds on tripping the circuit breakers?

I'm thinking some of this was already baked in over the last several days / weeks. But I'm not sure most players thought they'd go for the whole pie instead of just the couple slices on the east end, at least since Monday night.

Grant 302

I’m up almost 5% for the day right now.
People buy insurance for so many things…except their equities and investments.

Essentially, I bought double…in a costless or ‘free’ strategy. Crazy, right? 😁

Last Wednesday, everybody thought was going to be invasion day......nothing......since then "it could be any time now"........Putin is just laughing as he watches the media circus unfold.All those sanctions coming his way don't seem to phase him.......Bill P. is right.....This is going to get ugly when it DOES happen, that's for sure!
1645715630349.png

Another tidbit from "Today In History".....".March 8, 1817..... The New York Stock & Exchange Board, which had its beginnings in 1792, was formally organized; it later became known as the New York Stock Exchange."

Grant 302

Just getting interesting.
I keep telling people to hedge. Nobody really does, AFAIK. Spike in the VIX is paying pretty well right now. Gonna fund a lot of purchasing when the time comes.
Still this.
South (just) of 32k is a target. Somewhere just North of 4k for the S&P. Time will tell.
And finally this. Prediction/target quoted from late Jan ’22. Should’ve said yesterday.

9F8B41F2-88FD-4143-A143-985F12324B9E.jpeg

Good times, until I see the tax bill.

That’s all good. 👍 Gotta do what you gotta do, and nobody should second guess winning trades.

But most of all, I’m glad the call that ‘return to $600’ was correct in a timely fashion.😊

Mine (LRCX) are making me 6.5% annually. And with my targets in mind...no plans to sell soon. I already made enough for the year.

View attachment 64027

I'm still working at LRCX. We're looking to be major beneficiaries of the AI movement. At the last employee meeting, our CEO mentioned AI and "advanced packaging" of computer chips as major drivers for us going forward. We literally have 100% market share in some processes related to advanced packaging.

Boone

Professional Thread Killer
I'm still working at LRCX. We're looking to be major beneficiaries of the AI movement. At the last employee meeting, our CEO mentioned AI and "advanced packaging" of computer chips as major drivers for us going forward. We literally have 100% market share in some processes related to advanced packaging.

I like when we dig this thread up after some time off. Cool to look back at the thoughts and trends.

TMO Supporting Vendors