The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 dragoon ‘21 Mach1 HP Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Wisconsin
Well, I don’t post a whole lot in my own thread but here goes. We made the registration and paid for 2 days at Barber Mototsports Park in Alabama in September. Taking a couple days of travel to get there, comfortably with no rush. The track days are Saturday and Sunday, 16th and 17th. We’re going to spend another 3 days there, two for the museum and 1 for playing tourist just looking around the Birmingham/ Leeds area. Of course we’re using the F350 and ATC car hauler to get the mustang down there & probably using the track car during the leisure time doing tourist stuff. On the calendar it looks like a solid 10 day track/pleasure vacation. Barber has always been a bucket list item for us and finally got to pull it off this year. Hopefully we’ll have great weather and just as great memories as well as having a local LEO as a neighbor to keep the home front safe.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Wisconsin
You have the US Space and Rocket Center just up the road in Huntsville, so that is another area attraction.
Good call Bill !! I worked in Huntsville as a traveling installation tech back in the day & didn‘t have time to take in the Red Rock area. We also are entertaining the idea to see Tim Wellborn’s MOPAR museum down in Alexander City.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Wisconsin
Aaaaaannnnnnd the answer is No. No black.

NO BLACK? WTH?
The helmet ?
The white logo ?
Ahhhh, no LARGE black t-shirts in any of the designs !!
Plenty of other colors Fabman ???
Their sizing guide suggests you measure your favorite fitting t-shirt and compare to listed measurement. Some of the different material blends are different so I found out that a LG is not always a LG and so forth.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Wisconsin
I have TMO shirts in black, just needed a helmet logo in black, that is the only color I wear.
I also like my black t-shirts but went with red because they’re difficult to find around here with car themed silkscreen. Too bad about your choice as it is odd that the new helmet logo isn’t offered in black ?

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
I also like my black t-shirts but went with red because they’re difficult to find around here with car themed silkscreen. Too bad about your choice as it is odd that the new helmet logo isn’t offered in black ?
I seem to remember Chris saying something about it not going on a black shirt because it wouldn't show up.
Fine then, I'll boycott.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Wisconsin
I seem to remember Chris saying something about it not going on a black shirt because it wouldn't show up.
Fine then, I'll boycott.
Not to beat a dead horse here but it shows up just fine in “dark navy” ??
Boycott till Chris puts it on a black t-shirt for ya !!!!! Special order to keep a good TMO member happy. Can a track/race dude ever have too many black t-shirts ?? I think not.

IMG_0883.jpeg

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Not to beat a dead horse here but it shows up just fine in “dark navy” ??
Boycott till Chris puts it on a black t-shirt for ya !!!!! Special order to keep a good TMO member happy. Can a track/race dude ever have too many black t-shirts ?? I think not.

View attachment 88153
I don’t know of a bigger supporter than I am…..not that it matters.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Oh, there are plenty of us that are big Supporters of TMO, this is one of the best Forums around, regardless of model and the tone is always helpful and fun ---- which is what everyone who is a car geek wants !

Last edited:

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Oh, there are plenty of us that are big Supporters of TMO, this is one of the best Forums around, regardless of make and the tone is always helpful and fun ---- which is what everyone who is a car geek wants !
I didn’t mean the only supporter, just that I don’t know of a bigger supporter.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I would say it would be impossible to say who on this Forum is the " Biggest " supporter because there are so many passionate members. When you consider how so many contribute it then becomes apparent the important thing about TMO is the passion so many have for this place. The beauty is so many contribute in so many ways in so many different areas, that members are often " Huge " in their area of assistance , contribution and fellowship imho.

Many are aware I am Mustang less at present, but I would not leave TMO with guys like you, Blacksheep, TMS, Madhatter, Dragoon, AZBoss, JDee, 302Bob, Patrick Stapler, Dave_W, 67GTA, DaveW, Flyhalf, LudaChris, Steve68Cougar, PatientZero, biggsy, mavisky, VoodooBoss, Tymeslayer, etc. Dang , it is just impossible to list all the contributing members as the Forum continues to get new members every month.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
I would say it would be impossible to say who on this Forum is the " Biggest " supporter because there are so many passionate members. When you consider how so many contribute it then becomes apparent the important thing about TMO is the passion so many have for this place. The beauty is so many contribute in so many ways in so many different areas, that members are often " Huge " in their area of assistance , contribution and fellowship imho.

Many are aware I am Mustang less at present, but I would not leave TMO with guys like you, Blacksheep, TMS, Madhatter, Dragoon, AZBoss, JDee, 302Bob, Patrick Stapler, Dave_W, 67GTA, DaveW, Flyhalf, LudaChris, Steve68Cougar, PatientZero, biggsy, mavisky, VoodooBoss, Tymeslayer, etc. Dang , it is just impossible to list all the contributing members as the Forum continues to get new members every month.
It's just an expression, not a statement of fact. Maybe I shouldn't have worded it that way....

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Wisconsin

Don’t forget yourself Bill !! You can pat yourself on the back for all the insight you offer here along with the shoutouts you already mentioned. The list of members I look forward to seeing their posts is growing by the week !!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel