The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Drive magazine testing Cortex suspension***Video***

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
cosm3os said:
Come out to Chicago--we have a passionate car/muscle car community here! Ever been to Troy Trepanier's shop? Amazing stuf . . .

I grew up out in the boonies about 30 mins from Mokena, wish I would have made it over there.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
I'm not asking to edit the published video. Just to post some of your footage here. 1:48 dropping to 1:44 are good times. I wouldn't worry about defending that to ANYBODY.

I'd just like to see more of the video of the modified car in action. That's all...but I understand if you're not comfortable with doing that here.

I saw Troy's 1969 Torina at SEMA last year and it is THE finest restamod I've ever seen. What a spectacular car.

Mike,

Love your videos, especially this one because it directly relates to us S197 mustang guys. Was the suspension install just for the show or are you running that setup now? Any other plans for your mustang?

Sarosh

Grant - I'm not worried about defending the footage, it's just we're are legally not allowed (via our contracts) to post anything outside of what we show in our videos. I'd post it if I could - hell, we had 5 cameras running for 2 days. We've got 60 hrs of footage that I wish I could post. Who knows, we may be able to use it at later date.

NFSBOSS - Yeah man, I saw it at SEMA as well, simply AMAZING!

sadil - Yes, that's the set-up I'm running now. And yes, there will be future upgrades. Wheels, tires, brakes, cage, etc.

Yep - driven on the street daily. The ride is definitely stiffer than stock, but in no way uncomfortable. I should also mention, there absolutely no rubbing or bottoming out of any kind.

MrAngry said:
Understand this - Cortex or HOD never once sought me out. I run tracks all over Northern and Southern, CA and I found Filip at Cortex when I was at a track day at Sonoma raceway with HOD and saw him chase down a 458 Challenge car in his 66 Mustang.
If someone shoots a video of that car chasing modern super cars it would be GREAT to watch!!!
Thanks for the Cortex / Hooked on Driving video anyway. FUN and nicely filmed! Love it.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Well we just installed a full Cortex kit on Tucson302's BOSS this weekend, nice-looking parts. Went together pretty easily minus a couple random snags.

patrickshelby said:
If someone shoots a video of that car chasing modern super cars it would be GREAT to watch!!!
Thanks for the Cortex / Hooked on Driving video anyway. FUN and nicely filmed! Love it.
This is no big deal. Even I've chased down a Ferrari F430 Scuderia before. :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=FNdQqC4nAPM

Hahaha ;D well done and nice video!
The 458 is a good 5sec/min faster car than the Boss (if not more) Given all is equal - tires/drivers level etc... of course.

In my area, it seems there are fewer "hardcore" Ferrari drivers than "hardcore" Porsche drivers.
They tend to save those cars and drive with more caution than those trashing GT3RS like crazy on race tracks.

Get invited at a Porsche event and you will be passed and surrounded by plenty of driven by nuts missiles.
Get invited at a Ferrari event and for most, it is going to be a gentleman driver, almost boring, experience.

patrickshelby said:
Get invited at a Porsche event and you will be passed and surrounded by plenty of driven by nuts missiles.
Get invited at a Ferrari event and for most, it is going to be a gentleman driver, almost boring, experience.

And remember, at either event it is proper etiquitte to wear your driving suit to dinner. What? You don't track a race car so why do you need a driving suit? Then what are you going to wear to dinner?

cosm3os said:
And remember, at either event it is proper etiquitte to wear your driving suit to dinner. What? You don't track a race car so why do you need a driving suit? Then what are you going to wear to dinner?
;D
That is so right!

Odd that you mention that. My first HPDE a guy showed up in a Ferrari in a full suit. With an 8 ft long scarf around his neck. Everyone was lapping him and in the drivers meeting he asked if he could practice spinning out on the track... The room got very quiet...

TMO Supporting Vendors