The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

DSC Sport Suspension Tuning for MRC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aha! Now that's a real advantage! Getting the connectors and knowing how to install them is magic for a project like this.
Yes that's a big advantage.

Looked into this a little further after I picked up a GT350 cluster for $100 and the steering wheel switches from the GT350 with and without MR. The steering column module is the same between the 350 ang GT. There is one line of as built data related to the buttons orientation. I changed it and the switches worked perfectly. the IP cluster was a direct swap, I simply changed the menu layout to reflect the fact that I don't currently have MR or AEV. I will still need to have the mileage programmed. I was able to find the area of the as built data that differentiates between MR and non-MR cars. It's pretty straight forward. The last hurdle is the ABS Module. In 2017, at least, Ford used the same ABS module in the GT350 and GTPP. This makes me think that fitting MagneRide onto a 15-17 GT is indeed possible by adding the dynamic control module, the dampers, suspension ride height sensors and the brake pad wear sensors. My next step is to ID the connectors on the various sensors and dampers. Normally all I need are some hi-res pics and I can ID most Ford connectors.

Anyone give me a hand?

I've got Ford Performance springs and Eibach Sways....the current DSC Sport firmware makes the car bouncy. I have yet to take the car on track.

In both comfort and sport, the ride feels floaty over undulations and road imperfections. The car does not have that planted feeling. For example going over a dip at speed, the compression is delayed and the rebound not damped enough. It feels like it needs less compression damping and more rebound.

Does anyone have a stable program they can send me to try?

Thanks

Anyone give me a hand?

I've got Ford Performance springs and Eibach Sways....the current DSC Sport firmware makes the car bouncy. I have yet to take the car on track.

In both comfort and sport, the ride feels floaty over undulations and road imperfections. The car does not have that planted feeling. For example going over a dip at speed, the compression is delayed and the rebound not damped enough. It feels like it needs less compression damping and more rebound.

Does anyone have a stable program they can send me to try?

Thanks
That is a known base tune issue. I'm drawing a blank on the details but if you call DSC they have an updated tune. Or if I remember correctly, you bump the range of lower end of the shock range 100ma. Also, turning up the g-comfort setting helps.

When I first got mine, I thought it was broke. Speed bump the car would just bounce.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Houston
@Chillindrdude

Did you get your issue resolved? I just installed a DSC controller with the file dated 2-12-20 on their site and am having the same issue. I have not reached out to the company yet.
Did you ever get your question answered? I am going through the testing/tuning myself. I can detune the G Comfort stuff, but the bounce is still there. Much reduced, but still there.

I also found that all 3 levels on the DSC tuner are the same. Waiting on a call from Tom to help understand what's going on there.

Did you ever get your question answered? I am going through the testing/tuning myself. I can detune the G Comfort stuff, but the bounce is still there. Much reduced, but still there.

I also found that all 3 levels on the DSC tuner are the same. Waiting on a call from Tom to help understand what's going on there.

Download the tune from the controller and check what they are (unless you've done that and verified they're the same) - you can always upload what they have available on the website but they're not good at all. I saw they were working on something new for GT500 (the maps on their website are exactly the same for every model currently).

However - I've posted on another forum my review of maps made by a forum member here. I may repost it when I have time and he may chime in.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Houston
Download the tune from the controller and check what they are (unless you've done that and verified they're the same) - you can always upload what they have available on the website but they're not good at all. I saw they were working on something new for GT500 (the maps on their website are exactly the same for every model currently).

However - I've posted on another forum my review of maps made by a forum member here. I may repost it when I have time and he may chime in.
Thanks. I'd like to see them if possible. Another forum on this site? Or different forum altogether? I can search it out if it's posted here somewhere.

I've been a lurker for a while but finally getting into tuning.

Thanks again.

Thanks. I'd like to see them if possible. Another forum on this site? Or different forum altogether? I can search it out if it's posted here somewhere.

I've been a lurker for a while but finally getting into tuning.

Thanks again.

Different site - I am not sure what the rules are here for linking to threads on other sites but when I have some time tomorrow morning, I'll repost my posts here if anyone's interested. I've ran DSC since mid-year.

I never reached out. I installed R springs & struts/shocks then loaded the R file. It rode great until the controller failed.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Houston
Different site - I am not sure what the rules are here for linking to threads on other sites but when I have some time tomorrow morning, I'll repost my posts here if anyone's interested. I've ran DSC since mid-year.
Man I would appreciate it. It took me two weeks of every free minute to get a decent "normal" tune that doesn't float like a 90's caddy (Part of the problem was/is my neanderthal brain and computers). I still have to do some work in the speed tables (And I found a leaking shock that now needs replacement) but when I installed, the thing was near undriveable down the highway. Once I got on the track and the car got out of the G Comfort table the ride was decent, but the G Comfort settings screw everything up.

Just my opinion, but the G Comfort settings are useless. If I wanted to cruise, I wouldn't be in Sport or Track mode.

Man I would appreciate it. It took me two weeks of every free minute to get a decent "normal" tune that doesn't float like a 90's caddy (Part of the problem was/is my neanderthal brain and computers). I still have to do some work in the speed tables (And I found a leaking shock that now needs replacement) but when I installed, the thing was near undriveable down the highway. Once I got on the track and the car got out of the G Comfort table the ride was decent, but the G Comfort settings screw everything up.

Just my opinion, but the G Comfort settings are useless. If I wanted to cruise, I wouldn't be in Sport or Track mode.

This is the very last post I've made on m6g about it and probably most relevant. Note that you'd have to reach out to Tim to discuss availability of these maps.

I thought I add a quick update - at the end of the season, with fresh tires I was able to get some better clarity on what car is doing and probably drive it closer to the limit than previously.

I almost exclusively used TeeLew's rear-grip biased map for DSC - High (autocross high - so 50mphish sweeper) speed corners - it is bit understeer biased but if entry isn't overcooked, front just slides a bit with rear being very stable - if done right it is easy to get the right amount of slip angle and carry speed in. It makes car super easy to trust going in without being worried of wiping out at the corner entry due to oversteer. Very confidence inspiring.

It sticks so well that you really need to try to get car to oversteer on the exit while hard on the throttle. It works really well and difference compared to stock VDM (with Ford Performance / PP2 tune) is quite substantial (there were few corners earlier this season that I basically drifted out of).

Very happy with it.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Houston
This is the very last post I've made on m6g about it and probably most relevant. Note that you'd have to reach out to Tim to discuss availability of these maps.

I thought I add a quick update - at the end of the season, with fresh tires I was able to get some better clarity on what car is doing and probably drive it closer to the limit than previously.

I almost exclusively used TeeLew's rear-grip biased map for DSC - High (autocross high - so 50mphish sweeper) speed corners - it is bit understeer biased but if entry isn't overcooked, front just slides a bit with rear being very stable - if done right it is easy to get the right amount of slip angle and carry speed in. It makes car super easy to trust going in without being worried of wiping out at the corner entry due to oversteer. Very confidence inspiring.

It sticks so well that you really need to try to get car to oversteer on the exit while hard on the throttle. It works really well and difference compared to stock VDM (with Ford Performance / PP2 tune) is quite substantial (there were few corners earlier this season that I basically drifted out of).

Very happy with it.
Thanks! I will check with him. I appreciate it. Track event here in two weeks, and I really don't want to swap back to the factory controller if I don't have to.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
TX

"G Comfort Parameters box
The G Comfort Parameters Box determines ride quality when there is little to no G Force. The G Comfort Parameters Box can be set to any G-Force value, thereby influencing ride quality from 0G’s to 0.4G’s in any direction, for example.

Default Rate – This is the “Default” soft shock setting when operating inside the “G patch” or “box”. This number is the % from the shock calibration table. So if a 1 or 15 is present, 1% or 15% of the shock calibration will be applied.

• Offset – This is a calculated value and is always set to 100 on the new units.

• Rate of Change(Sensitivity) – This is the rate of change within the box, or G Patch. The greater the number, the higher the sensitivity. This means the you will not deviate from the Default rate (Lng rate) as quickly. The smaller the number, the lower the sensitivity. This means you will deviate from the Default rate (Lng rate) more quickly. Therefore this is why we have a lower number in “sport” mode (10) compared to “normal” mode(15).

• G Rate Max – This number defines the box, or G Patch. You need to move the decimal to the left 2 places, then you view this number as a G force value. For example, the number 20 represents .2G. Within this .2G box, the Default rate (Lng Rate) applies. The size of the box can be from .3G to .1G, anything outside of this can have some un-desirable effects."

Steady state, cruising, mid cornering, etc. will be low G in acceleration. You can adjust the rate of change, or the default rate. The default rate will give you a higher force floor and the rate of change can make it so that low G acceleration does not cause additional changes to shock forces.

TMO Supporting Vendors