The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EBC Brakes

Supporting Vendor
So those are the for larger GT PP brake package with the 15" front discs and 14"rear disc. I'm talking about the brakes which come on the base GT or the Ecoboost PP/HPP packages with a 14" front disc and 13" rears.
sorry i misunderstood. I have asked the race dept if there is an eta/ plans to make the two piece for this application.

You can refer to either perfectbrakes.com or to our parts finder for the full list of applications

EBC Brakes

Supporting Vendor
I'm asking these questions because I could not find the answers on the posted links but I admit, I'm not a critical reader.

There are a bunch pads with different colors of "stuff". Is there a description of all the colors and where they fall in a line?

There are 2 series of race pads. Where does the new SR series come into the line? Does SR replace RP? When should RP vs. SR be used?

2 piece rotors listed only packaged with pads? Can rotors be bought as individual items? I did not see description of weight and if directional? Are replacement rings and bobbin hardware available separately?

For mustangs are 2 piece rotors available for the rear?

What does EBC recommend for rear pads on Mustang racecars?
Great question, you can find an in depth description of each pad at this link and you can also use our brake pad selector tool, but i will outline briefly;

Ultimax - OEM replacement for lower HP cars

Green Stuff - entry level upgrade from OEM

Red Stuff - Organic blend, lowest dust & kind on rotors, better friction than Green. For higher HP &/or heavier cars (sedans etc)

Yellow Stuff - Street performance, great friction for spirited driving on fast sedans, hot hatches and also trucks & SUV

Blue Stuff - Hybrid Street & track pad. High friction street pad capable of track days

RP1/X - all out track pad, high performance, RPX high 0.55mu torque for under servo'd cars RP1 medium 0.45mu torque for over servo'd cars

SR-11/21 - Endurance race pad, fully sintered, bites harder and lasts longer than any of our pads. Highest performance

- the SR pad does not replace the RP pads, just offers a higher performance with better technology, also meaning it will be at a higher cost & price.
- You can buy the two-piece rotors individually (when at Perfect Brakes go to the tabs that say 'kits, pads, rotors' once at desired spec and select 'Rotors")
- Replacement rings and bobbins will be available separately.
- we do not currently offer 2-piece rotors for the rear.

For your Mustang Racecar i would recommend the RP-X pads front and BlueStuff for rear

I hope this answers everything :)

EBC Brakes

Supporting Vendor
I have a question for you, when you use the (or rebuild) the stock type Ford calipers, do you use a performance type kit with high quality O rings?, the reason I ask is that many of us have tried to use the over the counter replacement calipers at misc. auto parts stores, only to have them leak after track use (most likely do to heat). do you think your product will produce better results?
Every single EBC Brakes Apollo caliper is pressure tested to 2,500 psi and has a choice between full dust boot type seals for road use, or inner piston dust seals for track use.

We will also be offering a Track Pack so you can monitor the braking performance, more info here

find out more about braking temps at this link

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
So Cal

if you follow this link, click 'view' to the right of the spec that you're looking for it will take you to our kits, pads and rotors (all can be located at the tabs top of page)

I'm seeing lots of 380 and 330mm Dia discs, but nothing which is 355. Also, the dates are not up to present, which is less of a problem for those of us who know about which version fits what car, but it should be addressed for 'normal' customers.

EBC Brakes

Supporting Vendor
I'm seeing lots of 380 and 330mm Dia discs, but nothing which is 355. Also, the dates are not up to present, which is less of a problem for those of us who know about which version fits what car, but it should be addressed for 'normal' customers.
for the dates where it says '2015 - 2017' it is those dates inclusively, and where it says '2015- ' without an end date it suggests up to present, sorry if this wasn't clear for normal customers.

We have rotors that are 352mm, could this be the same as the 355mm you mention? part no. RK7693 (GD7693, USR7693, BSD7693)

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
So Cal
for the dates where it says '2015 - 2017' it is those dates inclusively, and where it says '2015- ' without an end date it suggests up to present, sorry if this wasn't clear for normal customers.

We have rotors that are 352mm, could this be the same as the 355mm you mention? part no. RK7693 (GD7693, USR7693, BSD7693)

As a 1-piece, that's it. It'd be great if you could produce a 2-piece disk for this application. Some are presently made, but I'm a little suspect on the actual quality.

So here's a question about your 352mm/14" front vented and 330mm/13" rear vented 1-piece disks. Is the venting on the outside of the brake bell (like the Ford disks) or are they vented on the inside of the brake bell as God intended?

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
MD
Great question, you can find an in depth description of each pad at this link and you can also use our brake pad selector tool, but i will outline briefly;

Ultimax - OEM replacement for lower HP cars

Green Stuff - entry level upgrade from OEM

Red Stuff - Organic blend, lowest dust & kind on rotors, better friction than Green. For higher HP &/or heavier cars (sedans etc)

Yellow Stuff - Street performance, great friction for spirited driving on fast sedans, hot hatches and also trucks & SUV

Blue Stuff - Hybrid Street & track pad. High friction street pad capable of track days

RP1/X - all out track pad, high performance, RPX high 0.55mu torque for under servo'd cars RP1 medium 0.45mu torque for over servo'd cars

SR-11/21 - Endurance race pad, fully sintered, bites harder and lasts longer than any of our pads. Highest performance

- the SR pad does not replace the RP pads, just offers a higher performance with better technology, also meaning it will be at a higher cost & price.
- You can buy the two-piece rotors individually (when at Perfect Brakes go to the tabs that say 'kits, pads, rotors' once at desired spec and select 'Rotors")
- Replacement rings and bobbins will be available separately.
- we do not currently offer 2-piece rotors for the rear.

For your Mustang Racecar i would recommend the RP-X pads front and BlueStuff for rear

I hope this answers everything :)
Hello there!
I am not the most knowledgeable person and still learning how to read brake pads graphs but what is comparable to the R12 compound from GLOC? Is it possible to have a conversion chart? I know some manufacturers do that which helps. If that’s too much then no worries.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
MD
Hello there!
I am not the most knowledgeable person and still learning how to read brake pads graphs but what is comparable to the R12 compound from GLOC? Is it possible to have a conversion chart? I know some manufacturers do that which helps. If that’s too much then no worries.
So I doubted my intelligence (I think). I may be wrong but from what Ive gathered:
RP -1 is comparable to Hawk DTC-50/Pagid RSL29
RP-X is comparable to Hawk DTC-60/Raybestos ST43/GLOC R12(my assumption based on what its similar to)
DTC_50_TEMP_GRAPH.jpgDTC_60_TEMP_GRAPH.jpgRacing-Compounds.jpgScreen Shot 2021-12-22 at 1.05.53 AM.png

EBC Brakes

Supporting Vendor
So how about throwing out some vendors where we can buy this stuff in the US?
Our main supplier can be found in our signature below, or you can use the where to buy section of our website here

You can scroll across the top of the screen to view all vendors, or use the search bar to locate vendors nearby to you.

On Perfect Brakes you can redeem a 10% discount for being a forum user at any time with code FORUM10USER, and for first time users code NEWCUSTOMER15 for 15% off.

EBC Brakes

Supporting Vendor
So I doubted my intelligence (I think). I may be wrong but from what Ive gathered:
RP -1 is comparable to Hawk DTC-50/Pagid RSL29
RP-X is comparable to Hawk DTC-60/Raybestos ST43/GLOC R12(my assumption based on what its similar to)
View attachment 71128View attachment 71129View attachment 71130View attachment 71132
It's always a touchy subject correlating to competitors, and whilst we aren't able to provide comparison charts against competitor pads I can enlighten you on some of our own graphs and findings through tests.
Reading any manufacturers results always depends on the race length/type of usage as well as what vehicle is was tested on. One big thing to consider also is that advertised temperature ranges do not mean optimal temps, no pads would survive for long running at the top end of those temperature scales.

We will be getting our SR pads officially tested against some Gloc pads soon, and later this month we have tests against ST-43 pads.

As the charts indicate, the RP-1 is comparable to Hawk DTC-50 and the RP-X is like DTC-60, but from our race technician we believe the RP-1 is more comparable to DCT-60 and the RP-X the DTC-70.
This leads us to believe that the Gloc R12 and ST-43 are more like the RP-1, but potentially lower life than RP-1.

RP-1-Race-Compound-mu-chart-Spider.jpgRP-X-Race-Compound-mu-chart-Spider.jpg

SR-11-Race-Compound-mu-chart-Spider copy.jpgSR-21-Race-Compound-mu-chart-Spider.jpg

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
MD
It's always a touchy subject correlating to competitors, and whilst we aren't able to provide comparison charts against competitor pads I can enlighten you on some of our own graphs and findings through tests.
Reading any manufacturers results always depends on the race length/type of usage as well as what vehicle is was tested on. One big thing to consider also is that advertised temperature ranges do not mean optimal temps, no pads would survive for long running at the top end of those temperature scales.

We will be getting our SR pads officially tested against some Gloc pads soon, and later this month we have tests against ST-43 pads.

As the charts indicate, the RP-1 is comparable to Hawk DTC-50 and the RP-X is like DTC-60, but from our race technician we believe the RP-1 is more comparable to DCT-60 and the RP-X the DTC-70.
This leads us to believe that the Gloc R12 and ST-43 are more like the RP-1, but potentially lower life than RP-1.

View attachment 71143View attachment 71144

View attachment 71145View attachment 71146
I understand. Thank you for explaining that. It makes sense

SO with RP-1 or RP-X up front, you suggest bluestuff for the rear?

TMO Supporting Vendors