The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 EcoGulf1 Build Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Sinister looking beast and there is nothing in life any more fun than tracking/autocrossing with your son/daughter. You both will remember this for years to come and the great part is it never has to end. My son and I have raced or autocrossed together since he was 15 and now he is 38. Before he was driving the car he was a great pit crew for Dad , ha. I am sure you will have stories to tell about EcoGulf1 for years to come.......and welcome.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Churchville, MD
Thank you very much for the warm welcome and encouragement! We have definitely grown closer together choosing and installing almost all of our upgrades. I'm beyond thrilled to hopefully get him out on a track this spring and summer once all of the safety items are completed. Hopefully I will be welcoming someone 23 years from now the same way you welcomed us!!!

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
My son practically built my first Spec Miata by himself as I worked quite late back then. He decided it should be the one he drove when I got another ---- took awhile but once he beat me it seemed I was chasing him from then on.

Keep us posted on your upgrades and fun!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
MD
Hello there!

I’m in Maryland (near BWI) also. I am currently tuned by Shaun at AED but plan to go to Adam at Rev Auto for a Dyno tune. I’ve heard nothing but good things about him and his tuning.

I’m sure I’ll catch you at Summit some time this year.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Churchville, MD
Hello there!

I’m in Maryland (near BWI) also. I am currently tuned by Shaun at AED but plan to go to Adam at Rev Auto for a Dyno tune. I’ve heard nothing but good things about him and his tuning.

I’m sure I’ll catch you at Summit some time this year.
Thanks for saying Hi! Mike and Adam at Rev Auto have been a fantastic source of information and support for us. I've known Mike for years and he is a great mechanic and fabricator. He has always been willing to give us advice on what upgrades work and which ones don't. The mechanical work he's done for us has always been done right the first time and he is very meticulous and detail oriented. Adam has always taken the time to talk to us about what our goals are for the car and explained all of the different aspects of the tunes he has created. We couldn't be happier with everything they've done for us and I'm sure you will leave there feeling the same way! Keep us updated on your build and I hope we can say hello in person at the track this spring!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Churchville, MD
This thing looks like a beast! Looking forward to updates!
Thanks for the welcoming comments! Looking at your car inspires us more to continue on our path of having fun at the track. And as the son (and Grandson) of a career Army Command Sergeant Major we would like to sincerely thank you for your service to our country!!!

TMO Supporting Vendors