The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Edelbrock to leave California

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Wow, it kind of sounds like the merger was necessary to keep the business afloat, based on the layoffs. Hope it helps them (and Comp Cams), as I'd hate to see either of them go away. Edelbrock is such a huge icon in the automotive enthusiast world. The article says they'll be keeping their foundry facilities in CA open, which is a good sign for the manufacturing side.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
They left a tax burdened state and went to Mississippi?? Where have I heard of that happening before?? Oh yea, My wife's husband did this a couple of years back. Smart guy!! ;) :cool:
A great place to live. Education gets a bad rap. Partially because private schools are the norm and testing in private schools is not reflected in state averages. More and more businesses are coming here for the freedom to expand and for the work ethic of most workers. The fact that NOLA, Barber, Road Atlanta and Atlanta Motorsports Park are an easy pull away for a weekend trip is not a bad thing either. A long weekend can be had at Sebring, COTA or Daytona.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
I wouldn't be surprised if they started moving foundry operations out of California next. I know they have a big investment in manufacturing facilities, but lower operating costs would pay off over time.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel