The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Elon Musk statement of owning anything other than a Tesla in 3 years??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A Religious politician(like an honest politician) is an Oxymoron! Maybe Honest Abe could have been the exception....He probably would have wanted a Tesla if he missed getting a Boss 302........................Comp Orange, of course.....:rolleyes:

Wolvee

Full Time Nerd
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Historic Triangle
I think we'll own a Tesla or other 100% EV in the next 5 years. My wife was going to buy one last year but after looking at the resale hole you put yourself into we decided to wait. EV is the future but by 15-20% of the market max. EV will have 3 vehicle segments Fleet, cheap affordable & expensive luxury. That should push Gas vehicle markets to be better, gas prices will go down and Gas vehicle purchases will go up.

If the country would adopt a single Octane fuel that'll do wonders for us as well.

For my Nerdy friends I see EV just like I see GNU/Linux. The options are plentiful and the market percentages grow every year. They dominate in business class servers and most DB storage operations but when it comes to common users they maintain a sliver of user base. Fleet vehicles are going to be like Linux servers. If Ford or Chevy pushes hard (10 cars or more) into EV markets then it would be comparable to Microsoft buying Redhat. :p

*I don't care about taxpayer funded Government help in the process of developing Tech in this field because it will bleed into other fields. ..So long as innovation is somehow opensourced.

*These are just opinions, don't let it raise your blood pressure.

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors