The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

EVO Magazine: Boss 302 vs M3, C63, RS5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have never seen in any publication, and even individuals, where a Boss runs a 13.00 quarter mile. So something is suspect. Plus, I have a magazine where Mustang GT runs within .01 of an M3 on a road course. Not saying this article is BS, but I'm kinda saying......BS!!!!

I'm sorry the M3 beat the GT by a tenth. Article linked below. So a Gt is basically even with an M3, but a Boss gets beat by 4 seconds. PLEASE!!! Ok, now I'm saying it. This article is BS!! And not because I own a Boss(I am also a big BMW fan, almost bought an M3) but because I know what the Boss is capable of and it has never been beat by an M3 before.

Notice the other three cars are seven speed automatics. They obviously don't know how to drive a manual.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
every number posted in that article is way off. 0-60 in 4.6 try more like 3.9 to 4.1. The 1/4 mile was way off too by at least .5secs. Those ass hats dont know how to drive a stick.

This weekend I gridded 3rd on the competition course at BIR on Saturday afternoon and there was an M3 that gridded 13th out of the 17 cars. This was in the racer's & instructors group. It was a 20 minute session. The Boss caught and passed the M3 on the final lap of the session. Something's not quite right in that article ;)

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
cloud9 said:
This weekend I gridded 3rd on the competition course at BIR on Saturday afternoon and there was an M3 that gridded 13th out of the 17 cars. This was in the racer's & instructors group. It was a 20 minute session. The Boss caught and passed the M3 on the final lap of the session. Something's not quite right in that article ;)
yeah its called Bias lol. That and Euro's hatred of stick axles lol

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Have wanted an M3 for years and years. Have driven them frequently at track events I instructed , and never stopped lusting. Drove a Boss last Summer and the lust went to dust, and unlike the M3 craving, I made the Boss desire happen -- have one in my garage now. The reason was simple, after driving the Teutonic Terror, I realized it was not going to hold a candle to the Beastmaster Boss. We all know the truth, so let the mag rag spout out it's story, after all what are the chances one could get one there anyway --very , very slim.

Mmmmh ok, well, EVo is a fairly decent mag in the UK BUT.

(1) The car they had was ragged by every magazine in Europe so maybe that didnt help and the German cars were all new and shiny

(2) Although Ford brought an LS over to England at the same time as well, all the European mags got to drive the standard car

(3)They didn't mention the adjustable suspension on the Boss, i think, nobody at ford told them anything about it, if they had then setting the suspension on hard would have made a lot of difference.

(4) I think the new Diff will make a lot of difference.

(5) If you own a Mustang in Europe, any Mustang, as you drive down the street, everybody turns to look, small children chase you down the road, but not in a BMW/Audi, Merc or even a Porsche, the only other cars that will turn those sort of heads are exotic cars.

So, in summary, im sure the German metal is excellent, reliable, smooth and boring, where as my GT and the SBY thats on the way here now, are beasts!

TMO Supporting Vendors