The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Extraordinary Brake Compounds - testing the EBC Full Race Sintered SR21 and SR11 Pads!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Middleboro, MA
Bill, thanks very much for the reply. I will send the PM into the EBC site sponsor. I sent an information request directly to EBC through their web site last week, indicating that I really wanted to know what the plan and status of the SR11/SR21 pads for PP2 Brembo 6 pot caliper 380 mm rotor configuration was. I have not heard back, but it was New Year's weekend.

I am sure I am asking a question that belongs in it's own thread/posting, but since we both own essentially brand new Mach 1's, what track alignment specs are you running ? If you want me to start a new thread, I have no problem doing that.

In the V6L
Just for the sake of testing, I have left all the stock rotors on, front and back, even though I am a huge fan of GiroDiscs, having used them on my prior Mustangs and in my prior profession, using them frequently on customer's Vipers. So stock rotors, good wear and since they are full sets , SR11s or SR21a all the way around. This is not my normal set up, but since I was assessing them this was what I did. I am seriously interested to see how someone does on the RP1s and RPXs, since there aren't in SR11s/SR21s out yet.

Since they are sintered pads I honestly expected them to be very hard on the rotors, and they have not been. I also expected them to be dirty as heck, and surprisingly they are lower on dust than what I have been using. Lastly, the one caveat I mentioned is the initial bite is throw you threw the windshield and onto the hood --- mega intense. It gets better after the first session, and lessens as they wear, but it did take some readjustment to my braking style. Funny, but that was what I enjoyed , because I am an old duck who thinks change and doing things differently helps one get better, since whether a new driver or an old one, or even a Professional, we all get tied into habits and sometimes breaking those or adapting them, helps us get faster. For me it was an adaption and I now find I like the stronger bite than I had avoided in the past, primarily from using Hawks while racing Spec Miata and hating their lack of linear feel in my estimation.

Send a PM to the EBC Site Sponsor site saying you are interested as that seems to be the impetus to get them to get a run done, and as noted I think there are some guys who will be using the RP1s/RPXs so there may be responses on those coming soon.
I'm still interested in trying these pads with my carbon ceramic brakes. Back in 2017 or 18 I ran sintered pads from RB and I liked them a lot, but RB has taken them out of production.

Theoretically, the sintered pads should make iron rotors last longer than regular pads. Regular pads grind metal off the rotor to produce friction - that's part of the dust that's all over your rims. Sintered pads lay down a layer of melted pad metal on the rotor and that layer is what runs against the pad. Less dust means less wear. When I ran sintered pads on my CCB's, you'd have thought the rotors were metal because of the layer of melted pad material on the friction surface.

The other thing I liked about them was the friction and its stability. Yes, it's a lot, but the ones I was using were easy to modulate and best of all, friction didn't change with temperature. I got the same braking corner after corner, where others (Hawks come to mind), delivered different friction corner by corner because my brakes at the start of the braking zone would be at different temperatures depending on the length of straight and braking load in the previous corner.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Send your note over to the Rep on the EBC Sponsor Site as he does check here more often than most , but he monitors Forums all over the World. If we all bombard him with requests and send in the brake applications , I am sure it will get back to the Home Office in Jolly Ole England!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
Here is an EBC compound chart I found interesting for those of you considering their pads. It was hidden within EBC's pages on bedding procedures.1674309223171.png

I took out the double post of the chart.

Last edited:
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
I have been in contact with the EBC rep. It seems that EBC produced the SR compounds for the S197 Brembo cars and the RP compounds for the S550 Brembo cars, so far. He has not been able to give me a date when the SR compounds will be available for the S550 6 piston Brembo's or when the RP compounds will be available for the S197 rears. I went ahead and procured a set of RPX pads for the S550 Brembo's. I am still working on the rears since I have an S197 and the RP compounds are not available yet. I will give a review of the RPX after I get back on track in late March.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel