The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 3V Fabman's build; How did we get here? Build Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
25 min. to 1½ hrs. from Sonoma (ugh... traffic!)
The answer is simple..........Government gets quickly spoiled spending other people's money...........a well that will never run dry.........................
It will run dry, when they eventually manage to kill the goose laying the golden egg. The powers that be will stop at nothing to keep spending our money:

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Gee..
I wonder why taxes are so high there..

Meanwhile in San Francisco.........

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
WTF....
Must remain.....?? So you can only steal things for less then $950? Or you need to haggle with the thief so that you can come under the limit?

haggle... that reminds me.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
WTF....
Must remain.....?? So you can only steal things for less then $950? Or you need to haggle with the thief so that you can come under the limit?

haggle... that reminds me.

People are stealing just under a grand worth of merchandise and walking out of stores every day here....store security are NOT allowed to stop them.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
What is equally depressing is our TMO members down under in Australia ( pop. 26,500,00 ) has three of the top unaffordable places to live with Melbourne, Adelaide, and Sydney. I can understand why a good friend of mine finally accepted a job here in the US, he said he could have 2 cars, a home , and more in the Midwest for what he paid for in rent in Melbourne.

Sure we have snow, tornados and more, but a 30 mile drive takes 30 minutes throughout alot of the less populated States in middle America.

Last edited:

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
What is equally depressing is our TMO members down under in Australia ( pop. 26,500,00 ) has three of the top unaffordable places to live with Melbourne, Adelaide, and Sydney. I can understand why a good friend of mine finally accepted a job here I the US, he said he could have 2 cars, a home , and more in the Midwest for what he paid for in rent in Melbourne.

Sure we have snow, tornados and more, but a 30 mile drive takes 30 minutes throughout alot of the less populated States in middle America.
Back in the 90's it was my dream to move to Australia.....not anymore. Now I want to go to Idaho.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Naw, Fabman you can't go from a " Racing Stud " to a " Racing Spud," ha!
Well, THAT'S original.
If I do make it there I will have to sell everything I own, including the shop, tools and racecar, so my racing escapades will only be a story I tell strangers who will never believe me anyway.

TMO Supporting Vendors