The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Fire system

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Ryder

Retriever Racing
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
machesney park, ill.
I just ordered a on board fire system thinking that it's good idea since the car is more racecar than streetcar now. I'm thinking two nozzles under the hood shooting at the fuel rails, two nozzles in the footwells and two shooting at the fuel pump area. does that sound right? or is there a better way? what are you guys doing?

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
I just ordered a on board fire system thinking that it's good idea since the car is more racecar than streetcar now. I'm thinking two nozzles under the hood shooting at the fuel rails, two nozzles in the footwells and two shooting at the fuel pump area. does that sound right? or is there a better way? what are you guys doing?

Do you plan on racing it wheel to wheel? If so, let the CCR’s of the series guide your setup. Or if you haven’t decided, review the NASA and SCCA guidelines and spec it to the most restrictive requirements so you’ll pass either.

sfo
I'm race only. I have 1 on engine left and 1 on engine right head. I have 1 on my legs. The bottle is pressurized and only 10lbs. That's about 1 gallon of aqueous foam. Many system come with 4-6 nozzles but the goal is not to save the car but to save you buy time to get out. I'm not convinced 6 nozzles of volume in the standard 10lb tank. Also fuel pumps either stop when ignition off or electrical kill in racecars is off.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Huntsville, AL
I believe most manufacturers recommend against more than 3-4 nozzles. At least that’s what my instructions stated. I have a 360 in the middle of the engine bay on the firewall, a two port nozzle under the dash aimed at driver and passenger legs, and a two port nozzle in the trunk over the fuel cell.

1612480549080.jpeg

1612480580960.jpeg

1612480616272.jpeg

10lb bottle
1612480660992.jpeg

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel