The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

First Suspension upgrades.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Might as well just break that out into it's own thread and make it a sticky! @Ludachris
I think we can do even better than that... we have so many stickies already, I'm thinking we could benefit from a "Resources/Guides" section where we can point people to read up on and watch videos on suspension setups, getting started with tracking cars, etc. This way we don't have to see 40 stickies in each forum. :) I have some rough plans in mind but will reach out to the staff to get it all fleshed out.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Yeah, the sticky ‘garden’ hasn’t been well tended over the years.

I don’t ever want to scold new members or lurkers about asking common questions, but a central location for how-to and guidance material sounds good to me.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Yeah, the sticky ‘garden’ hasn’t been well tended over the years.

I don’t ever want to scold new members or lurkers about asking common questions, but a central location for how-to and guidance material sounds good to me.
It's easier to manage in a smaller forum, that's for sure. When you get a bunch of newer members who ask common/repetitive questions, it becomes more difficult. The regulars become more frustrated by the same things being asked constantly. The newbies get upset when they're told to read what's already been posted. I can see that the members here care enough to want to help and not scold the new members. But if the forum were to grow more, patience would be put to the test.

I agree, a central section for FAQs, Guides, Tips, Tutorials, etc, would be a great tool for the forum veterans to use and reference in their replies.

Sorry Justin, didn't mean to hijack your thread.

Norm Peterson

Corner Barstool Sitter
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
a few miles east of Philly
I think we can do even better than that... we have so many stickies already, I'm thinking we could benefit from a "Resources/Guides" section where we can point people to read up on and watch videos on suspension setups, getting started with tracking cars, etc. This way we don't have to see 40 stickies in each forum. :) I have some rough plans in mind but will reach out to the staff to get it all fleshed out.
I like this idea as well.

I also think that such a section needs to be at or near the top of the section list, where it would be immediately visible. Ideally visible without requiring any fb involvement.

Apologies to Justin; I'd have posted those thoughts before except for being unavoidably MIA.

Norm

to the OP, I would recommend some decent performance oriented shocks and struts, coil overs..at least decent ones, are north of $4K, and again, I recommend Ford Performance, but whatever you do, try to source everything from one place. IF you don't have a lot of experience, take that car to someone who will do a thorough inspection on all the steering and brake components.

TMO Supporting Vendors