The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ford Mustang going to Aussie Supercars

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Snowy North
Awesome racing...those cats can wheel it.

Looking forward to seeing a FACTORY Mustang at Bathurst this fall. Private company ran three prototypes at the spring Bathurst event..l not great results.

Been watching a few interviews etc down here and it sounds like to fit the homalgomation (first time trying to spell that one) rules the body will need tweeps, higher roofline and a bit longer. It'll be the same basic chassis as the falcon, engine sounds to be the same as current too. Its just a mustang shape.

Been watching a few interviews etc down here and it sounds like to fit the homalgomation (first time trying to spell that one) rules the body will need tweeps, higher roofline and a bit longer. It'll be the same basic chassis as the falcon, engine sounds to be the same as current too. Its just a mustang shape.

I think the plan is to go to a V6 twin turbo after a year or so of chassis development. It should be more aerodynamic and more important, lighter than the Falcon. Then they can stick the ballast down low like the VB Holden is this year.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
I don't know of any broadcaster in North America carrying it other than Motortrendondemand.com which is a subscription service. Not that expensive, $5 a month and they have a fair bit of content. I don't subscribe, I used it last year as they were carrying PWC races live, but they're not this year. You can also find the odd livestream if you hunt around but they tend to be, well, you know, sketchy....

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Just watched the Taped Delay on Phillip Island and also watched them run during the Australian Grand Prix weekend . Have Direct TV and believe they are on Channel #219, #221 or #618 . They are on my taped schedule and have not paid attention to what actual channel they are on. Expect the car to be much closer to the factory Stang body than in Nascar, and way cool move by Ford!! Great Series and these guys are some of the best wheelmen around!!

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors