The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ford Racing Boss 302 Springs...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey Steve - I recently did the UCA and bracket myself (used Steeda pieces). From my perspective, I cannot imagine NOT replacing the bracket while doing the UCA. The factory piece is pretty flimsy and getting to loosen the top bolt on the UCA would be a pain without removing the bracket anyway so while you are doing the UCA, you might as well do the bracket. There are also some people reporting clunks that result from incompatibility between some aftermarket UCAs with the OE bracket. Check the SVT GT500 forum for that.

The UCA/bracket job is difficult enough that you are not going to want to have to get back in there ever again! Totally worth it, though, for the improvement in rear axle control.

Thanks everyone.
I will order the bracket. Sounds like the way to go.
I am going to go with BMR, stuff looks beefy.

And I am not sure if I am going to road course the car, I really like this car, am considering next summer finding a used car and have it for the track.

Steve

Stance looks great; nice fitment with the stock rims. Love the rims in your sig pic! What rims and sizes are you running in your sig pic? T-springs there too?

Highpower11 said:
Stance looks great; nice fitment with the stock rims. Love the rims in your sig pic! What rims and sizes are you running in your sig pic? T-springs there too?

Thanks. I'm very happy with the result. The drop is even now. I can't imagine going any lower in the front, driving on the street.

The sig pic shows my track setup, with D force 18 x 10" wheels from Vorshlag and 305 18 660 Pirelli World Challenge slicks, running square. I've got a stiff Strano sway bar up front for the square setup. I'm on stock springs and shocks/struts in the sig pic. The right side of the car is low because it's weighted mid turn. That left front wheel is almost in the air, accelerating past the apex.

Before pic on stock rims.
90FA-C1C7995B8A4F-905-0000018A42BE7B88_zps13032892.jpg

further said:
Thanks. I'm very happy with the result. The drop is even now. I can't imagine going any lower in the front, driving on the street.

The sig pic shows my track setup, with D force 18 x 10" wheels from Vorshlag and 305 18 660 Pirelli World Challenge slicks, running square. I've got a stiff Strano sway bar up front for the square setup. I'm on stock springs and shocks/struts in the sig pic. The right side of the car is low because it's weighted mid turn. That left front wheel is almost in the air, accelerating past the apex.

Before pic on stock rims.
90FA-C1C7995B8A4F-905-0000018A42BE7B88_zps13032892.jpg

Further, how do you like the T springs at the track? I am n between P vs T, stance is not important, ride quality is the least of my worries, while performance gain is my # 1 goal
I am also doing adjustable pan hard bar, real LCA and ford racing relocation bracket

What do you guys think?

13Boss#3328 said:
Further, how do you like the T springs at the track? I am n between P vs T, stance is not important, ride quality is the least of my worries, while performance gain is my # 1 goal
I am also doing adjustable pan hard bar, real LCA and ford racing relocation bracket

What do you guys think?

I haven't been to the track yet, but it feels great on the streets. I think a good comparison would be among the P, K, and T springs. There are certainly better options for the track, like a nice set of coilovers, properly balanced.

Also, remember, rubber and brakes will give you a better advantage than springs.

Maui
Thought I'd post a pic of my boss on T-springs to represent the Kona Blue Bosses...Out with the P and in with the T...

1175368_10151765453228704_906766610_n.jpg

Maui
Michael,

Front :18x9, 255-45-18, nitto, nt 555
Rear: 18x10, 285-40-18, nitto nt 555

They are the SVE drifts from late model restoration.

Maui
boro92 said:
No idea how it drives, but the ride height looks spot on with the T springs.
Loving how it looks.

It feels closer to the stock boss springs. The t- springs feel less stiff than the p- springs I had on before . Gotta check the springs rates, but can't seem to find them...

808Boss said:
Thought I'd post a pic of my boss on T-springs to represent the Kona Blue Bosses...Out with the P and in with the T...

1175368_10151765453228704_906766610_n.jpg

What is your impression about the handling characteristics of the T?

Maui
13 boss,

Well it feels very similar to stock, not as stiff compared to the p springs... There no real track on Maui so it's hard for me to do some high speed cornering, but when I was doing some spirited driving the other weekend on the street, cornering felt like it did when i had the stock springs in (this is with all shocks set at 5). When I had the p-springs in, at the same setting it felt tighter and stiffer at the same shock setting. Also when I go over speed bumps the p-springs were definitely stiffer, I could feel them bump, whereas the t-springs feel much softer when going over bumps... Sorry...This is more of a street driving experience..

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
after some time with mine they are a little stiffer alot sharper on hitting bumps and I get this odd bouncing in the rear sometimes but over all they are really great I love the stance and the ride is about as close to stock as you can get with a lowering spring in my experience.

Like the look with the 18 inch wheels and tires. I would like to run a square set up, what would be the best with and tire size to run? I would like to go with the biggest rim and tire possible without any interference front or rear. Also, would I have to reload the TracKey due to the tire size change?

Has anyone who has the T-springs been able to evaluate whether there is a change in oversteer/understeer. The rears are K-springs if I'm not mistaken which are stiffer than the stock Boss, P-springs and Steeda rears. Since we don't know what spring rate the fronts are, I was wondering whether the T-springs added oversteer/understeer or not since it seems that the Steedas would add some understeer with their much higher front rate (were the Steedas meant to be neutralized using sway bars or do they not need it?). Thanks.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Jimmy Pribble said:
Nice. I'll add a couple.

Mustang GT (2011+) Stock: Ft 122 lbs/in Rr 154 lbs/in *
Brembo Stock: Ft 131 Rr167 lbs/in
Boss Stock: Ft 148 Rr 185 lbs/in
Boss LS Stock: Ft 137 Rr 191 lbs/in
Eiback Pro-Kit: Ft 159 Rr 193 lbs/in *
M- 5300-K rate: Ft 173-248 lbs/in – Rears 195-236 lbs/in
Steeda Competition: Ft 225 Rr 185 lbs/in
Steeda Sports: Ft 200 Rr 175 lbs/in
Steeda Boss Springs Ft 225 Rr 195 lbs/in
Steeda Ultra-lite (pn 555-8206) 1.25/1.5 front: 195lb/in / rear: 175lb/in

* Sourced from Maximum Motorsports website.

Hi, justing bumping up this topic again. Does anyone have the spring rates for the the P springs? or are they the same as the Eiback pro kit? The differance in spring rates between the stock boss and the LS is due to the 10 in wheel in the rear?? If you went squared would you want a higher spring rate in the front?? Sorry, lots of questions!

Oh! one more... by lowering the car upfront I imagine that means you have a little more space for more negative camber? I have -1.5 and any more neg camber, starts rattling the spring on the tower with the MM plates and stock springs.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel