The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ford Racing Front Control arms on the street/impressions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guys,
is anyone driving on the street with M-3075-RA control arms and M-5638-C? Even if its not a daily driver, I'm curious as to how much NVH changes. I had a 91' Fox body with global west Delrin off-set front A-arm bushing about 15 years ago. I don't recall them being too bad; wondering if this set up would be comparable in terms of NVH. I have no doubts that NVH will increase. Any impressions would be appreciated....

Thanks,
BT

I didn't notice much of a increase in NVH for the tighter steering response and ride firmness gains, though I do prefer a firmer riding car, YMMV.

I did not notice any appreciable increase in road noise.

I just rebuilt my controls arms to the same spec using prothane bushings, and steeda extended ball-joints, and Maximum Motorsports camber plates it rides excellent.

Track50h said:
I just rebuilt my controls arms to the same spec using prothane bushings, and steeda extended ball-joints, and Maximum Motorsports camber plates it rides excellent.

Thanks for the info!

captdistraction

GrumpyRacer
Phoenix, Az
Track50h said:

Hold on tightly to your receipt for those balljoints. they're prone to wear on both street/track applications. Steeda will warranty them as long as all your ducks in a row and you don't mind verbally berating someone over the phone.

captdistraction said:
Hold on tightly to your receipt for those balljoints. they're prone to wear on both street/track applications. Steeda will warranty them as long as all your ducks in a row and you don't mind verbally berating someone over the phone.

Not the first complaint I have been told about the Steeda Ball Joints. The Howe units from Watson seem to be the better way to go. Threaded collars allow for adjustment as they wear and make changing them out easier.....

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Getting ready to throw on some BMR a-arms with delrin bushings and rod ends. Not anticipating any great change in NVH but do expect a little. We'll see. New K-member goes in as well.

TymeSlayer said:
Getting ready to throw on some BMR a-arms with delrin bushings and rod ends. Not anticipating any great change in NVH but do expect a little. We'll see. New K-member goes in as well.

Cool, let me know your impressions NVH wise with the Delrin front bushings......

TymeSlayer

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
BMR A-Arms and support brace, A-Arms and Radiator Brace installed. Need to get everything aligned and snow and cold have prevented me from testing.

2012%20Boss%20302%201115_zpsgcshwdql.jpg

TymeSlayer

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Added rigidity with a pretty decent weight loss in the front end is the main goal. Not sure about autocross or drag but I've heard nothing but positive reviews on the road course. Looking forward to trying it out after the snow clears here.

OK, not big on acronyms..NVH?
Also, we tried some control arms..I forget the make, that increased caster with the steering angle that Kurt and AJ were pretty happy with. I'm sure they'd be happy to share but you'll have to contact them.
just sayin'

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
blacksheep-1 said:
OK, not big on acronyms..NVH?
Also, we tried some control arms..I forget the make, that increased caster with the steering angle that Kurt and AJ were pretty happy with. I'm sure they'd be happy to share but you'll have to contact them.
just sayin'

oops! Thanks for getting me back on track......

TMO Supporting Vendors