The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ford's "Have a Good Time at the Track" plug.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apparently this isn't new information to some people, but I thought I would post it up here. I was at the track last night, and met another S550 owner who used to be a ford tech. He showed me this little jumper plug Ford put in the traction/stability control system. When removed it completely disables both systems. I plan in cutting the wire, and installing a interior switch so I can turn it on or off from inside the car.tcs jumper.jpgtcs plug.jpg

Interesting, thanks for posting. Not sure how all of that works on the S550 but on the GT350 it works very well. I run my car in Track Mode and don't turn off TC or Advance Trac. It rarely interfere's. Unless you're having issues with it interfering I'd be cautious about removing it.

@OPMustang Tim
@captdistraction

Very Interesting!
Where is that located? I don't recognise the surroundings in the photo. If this is true, I wonder if disconnecting this would help with the differential overheating issue?
As far as it interfering, High-speed corners like BIR turn 2 at 120 mph throws my car around like like I'm having serious suspension issues.

EDIT TO ADD: Does this disable the ABS? If so, I wouldn't be interested. ABS IMO can save your butt in some cases.

Last edited:
US
When you switch to slicks it can really throw off the system as its calibrated. I would suspect worse on a regular GT vs a 350. The calibration is probably very different between the different makes. It wants to intrude when it senses significant yaw that would be beyond what a stock radial tire can hold. Slicks on the other hand, especially over sized square setups, can create far more grip and thus G-loads etc causing the stock calibration to attempt to save your ass, when really, the slicks will hold just fine. In my experience with GTs and even the BOSS, the system doesn't go totally off when you shut it off. Hopefully this plug does disable it completely. For the boss, the only solution was the Boss 302 abs module change. I dont have a 350 so no idea on that. But it appears this plug is needed to disable it totally as well. nice of ford to install that gem!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
SoCal
I need to experiment with switching the Advancetrac off from in the car first before I disable it from the engine compartment. In track mode on my GTPP I'm occasionally experiencing issues where power is being cut when I want to accelerate anywhere from mid corner to corner exit. I feel like it does not like the car being close to the edge of traction in those situations.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Specifically, has anyone tracked their GT350 with slicks with this connection unplugged? If not, I guess I'll be the guinea pig and post results.
Yes, we have run the 350R w/ Hoosier R7s with this unplugged.
After a time (7-8 sessions) we experienced loss of power steering assist at startup. Plug it back in and it went away in a few miles. Didn't happen while driving on-track.

It looks like C126 Which is VPWR on the abs module It comes from the Fuse in the Junction Box. It looks like it's essentially the same as pulling the fuse #62 5a "Anti-lock brakes run-start switch."
Continuity testing could be used to confirm.
The pigtail for the jumper end (female) looks like 3U2Z-14S411-FEAB.

TMO Supporting Vendors