The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Front Bumper options.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Greenbrier, TN
I am looking for some feedback on front bumper options.
I really like the look of the Cobra R style with the built-in air dam/splitter.
The Duraflex fiberglass one looks great but I can't find any online.
I do see some other brands that come rolled up in a box. Not so sure about that.
Urethane VS. fiberglass? What do you all think? Yes, there's a lot of info out there.
But it's like, Whatever they are selling is 'the best" So I'd like some real 140+ mph feed back.
Thanks

The Steeda type with the built in splitter, is prolly the best design out there right now.. at least until you hit a pallet lying in the middle of the road... The reason I say this is because it was designed for use on the Cobra R, along with that (sort of cheesy looking IMO) pedestal wing. I know these cars get light around 150 from first hand experience, and that splitter combination pretty much nailed the front end down.. until that pallet thing anyway

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Greenbrier, TN
The Steeda type with the built in splitter, is prolly the best design out there right now.. at least until you hit a pallet lying in the middle of the road... The reason I say this is because it was designed for use on the Cobra R, along with that (sort of cheesy looking IMO) pedestal wing. I know these cars get light around 150 from first hand experience, and that splitter combination pretty much nailed the front end down.. until that pallet thing anyway
That pallet thing. holy cow! Thats crazy.
I don't care for that pedestal wing either. But that's just me.

Yeah, stupid flatbed dumped a complete pallet of sod in front of me, at night. I dodged the first clumps, but couldn't dodge the pallet., I'd have been better missing the pallet and hitting the sod, but in the end it would've prolly ended up with the same result.

TMO Supporting Vendors