The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 FTWMS #50 S197 NASA Super Touring Racecar Build Thread Profile - S197 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captdistraction

GrumpyRacer
Phoenix, Az
Head work in progress. We meaured the gen2 ported heads to have massive ports, and were able to clean up the one cam cap that was slightly loose in clearance. Both sets of heads getting new guides and valves/valvesprings. Will use oem keepers and oem seals, but the rest is ferrea and then PAC for springs.

IMG_8325.jpg

IMG_8327.jpg

IMG_8326.jpg

captdistraction

GrumpyRacer
Phoenix, Az
No worries, they did make a difference. They didn't totally take away knockback especially on stickier tires like S8M or A7, but mitigated it enough that I had meaningful brake on first press (I still doubled this setup) but didn't have significant drag. There's no free lunch, but 4lbs seemed to be the best of both.

No worries, they did make a difference. They didn't totally take away knockback especially on stickier tires like S8M or A7, but mitigated it enough that I had meaningful brake on first press (I still doubled this setup) but didn't have significant drag. There's no free lunch, but 4lbs seemed to be the best of both.
That's all I'm looking for; I just want to know I'll have a pedal to push on after a long straight. These calipers work well but they don't inspire confidence.

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
I just want to know I'll have a pedal to push on after a long straight.
An option is to use your left foot for a "confidence tap" or two on the brake pedal before you get to the braking zone. Even with the anti-knockback springs, it lets you know they're working, or take the slack out of the pedal if they aren't. You can try doing it on the street to build a habit.

TMO Supporting Vendors