The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Full self driving Tesla Model 3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Impressive. Looks like Tesla is making good progress in this area.

I don't know.....It sounds safe, But I still believe one little glitch in the system will have you headed to a telephone pole or worst. I rather have Hon drive me around(NOT IN THE BOSS).....the lesser of two evils....just barely!!!...;):rolleyes::eek:

In the V6L
Did I miss the part where it finds a spot in the parking lot?

I wonder how it works in a heavy traffic downtown core. It would be interesting to see how it handles that.

I can't think of anything more boring than a self driving car....IMHO

I certainly wouldn't want one for my only car. But, my commuter is my #3 or #4 vehicle and sitting in bumper to bumper traffic for an hour every afternoon is pretty boring. Until you get in the middle of a three car crash like I did on Wed. In that case autonomous cars would have absolutely prevented it.

Yes it will. You don't need the Full Self Driving mode to make is safer in stop and go traffic, the Enhanced Cruise Control is all you need and it works amazing well. Imagine being in miles of stop and go traffic on your favorite freeway and never having to touch the brake or throttle. Tesla isn't the only one with that feature though.

The little man behind the grille does all the work.....when he goes on his breaks you're on your own......:eek::D:rolleyes:...The Big Man rides with me in the Boss in the front seat and has a smile on His Face...............;)

Last edited:

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Makes perfect sense. Fantastic for more developed areas. Rural roads, not so much.
I had a rental car with the adaptive cruise control a few months back. The vehicle slowed down if a vehicle was in front of you in your lane. Curve or straight, no difference. I assumed that car also "Read" the lines on the road.
Amazing tech.
NOW, if we could just get something that delivers a slight electric shock to folks who text while driving and do not have the latest tech. We just might be able to lower the highway death rates.
I know, I am a dreamer. :eek:

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
I think I owned a self driving car back in the ‘60’s.

It was a ‘66 Chaparral 1/32 Slot Car.

1/2 the time it seemed like it was self driving, does that count?

Just kidding Rick, good luck with your new Tesla.
All the best,

The future just arrived. Full self driving computer being installed as I type. It's nice they come out to your house for the install.
That's Great news, Rick!!!...Now for any future upgrades/installs, the car can drive itself to the service center for any future service.......I don't know if I'm kidding or not. here???

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel